Home

Does the XFL interest you at all?

This is a discussion on Does the XFL interest you at all? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does the XFL interest you at all?
Yes 149 58.43%
No 47 18.43%
I might watch a few games... 59 23.14%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2020, 10:06 AM   #17
Rookie

PickledMink04's Arena

OVR: 0
I am exited for the XFL to start up i just wish they would promote it as a way* for players to get into the NFL.* * *If they promoted it like that then they could get some star players names who are on the outside looking in of the NFL like Antonio Brown, Kaepernick,* Eric Berry, Dez Bryant, Johnny Football, Jay Ajayi.* *That way fans of the NFL might tune in more to see if so and so still has it.* I also wish the NFL would align the Free Agency to land right after the XFL season and playoffs that way teams could get some of these players.* But i know both sides would never work with each other which is sad because i feel both could benefit from each other.*
Old 02-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #18
Rookie

ToughJuice's Arena

OVR: 0
Im in. My interest in the ever more bloated (rules/broadcast/politics)NFL has wained in recent years. Hopefully the XFLs lean n mean approach will bring some much needed freshness to the game
Old 02-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #19
Rookie

rlsimpson2's Arena

OVR: 4
I''m a "follow the sports as the seasons pass" kinda guy so right now I am focused on college basketball with an eye towards Spring Training and baseball gearing up soon, so I don't have much time for anything else, though I might give it a passing glance just to check it out.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #20
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Re: Does the XFL interest you at all?

Zero interest whatsoever. I want a developmental league, but I want it to be totally controlled by the NFL.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5
I watch any league with a ball shaped like a football lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2020, 04:55 PM   #22
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

After watching that 30 for 30 on the first XFL my 2 impressions is that the whole thing relies on network support and that McMahon *is all in on this and would die broke if he had to. I got the impression he didn’t want the first XFL to end but without a network he had no choice.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
After watching that 30 for 30 on the first XFL my 2 impressions is that the whole thing relies on network support and that McMahon *is all in on this and would die broke if he had to. I got the impression he didn’t want the first XFL to end but without a network he had no choice.
This time around having ABC, ESPN, and Fox should really help. Those major broadcasting networks should bring in so much more exposure. I'm sure those networks will help promote the league. I'm sure the ESPN and Fox Sports app will be able to stream games online. I hope there is a way to stream the ABC games online as well. I work the first weekend, so I would like to be able to stream game online. The main thing will be those networks continuing to being a broadcaster after year 1. So the product on the field needs to generate a lot of viewers. Then the goal is XFL to be paid by those networks to broadcast those games.

They just announced partnerships with Fanduel and DraftKings. They have seemingly set them self up for success. They have major broadcasting network, finances to last at least 2-3 seasons, good leadership with Luck, sponsors, no gimmicky WWE style. The real key is success on the field. I'm sure there might be sloppy play to start. But there needs to be good football play for people to want to watch it. Then if you can add a video game, that is more exposure and marketing. If XFL can't make it with the way things are set up, then that would mean that another non NFL league won't make it. You won't have NFL level talent/stars, but you need players to do well
Old 02-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #24
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

I think it's easy to turn into the league for a quarter or a full game on TV/internet to take a curious look.

The bigger question for me is: Would you buy a ticket and attend a game?

I live in Canada so that's out of the question but I'm curious about that. I know football both in Canada and the USA rely more on TV money than the gate but it's hard to get into the games if there is no one in the stands and the atmosphere is dead. I mean there must be a million other things a person in New York would rather do than sit outside and watch football when there are no stars, or well know players, involved in the dead of winter. I think this is a pretty hard sell for a casual fan. They're going to need those casual fans to attend or at least watch on TV to make this work.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »