Home

Does the XFL interest you at all?

This is a discussion on Does the XFL interest you at all? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts
View Poll Results: Does the XFL interest you at all?
Yes 149 58.43%
No 47 18.43%
I might watch a few games... 59 23.14%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2020, 10:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Does the XFL interest you at all?

XFL opening weekend kicks off with 2 games on Saturday, February 8 and another 2 games on Sunday.

With the NFL season coming to a close last weekend, we were curious if the XFL interests you at all. The new football league promises exciting gameplay innovations, that deliver a faster pace of play and more action. The rules will definitely make things a bit more interesting.

Eight teams will play a 10-week regular season and a two-week postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game on April 26. During the regular season, four games are scheduled each week, typically with two back-to-back games on Saturdays and Sundays. The XFL schedule will also feature two primetime Thursday night games, in the final weeks of the regular season.

Here are the teams.
  • Dallas Renegades
  • D.C. Defenders
  • Houston Roughnecks
  • Los Angeles Wildcats
  • New York Guardians
  • Seattle Dragons
  • St. Louis BattleHawks
  • Tampa Bay Vipers
Does the XFL interest you at all? Make sure to vote in our poll.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 02-05-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 01:54 AM   #2
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Does the XFL interest you at all?

Yep. Love me some football, even if the players aren't the cream of the crop. Same reason why I watch MACtion and FCS games on weeknights during college football season.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 02-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

The idea did initially, but they've already blown it. It feels sterile. No star power, no swagger, no intrigue. A developmental league at best, NOT an alternative.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #4
Just started!

The_Driftingcowboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes, especially the Roughnecks and the run and shoot
Old 02-04-2020, 01:04 PM   #5
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

always interested in football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes. I'm willing to give it a try. This is the dry part of the year for me. I'm mainly a football fan and casual NBA fan. I'm not into baseball or CBB. I don't get get too into NBA until near playoffs. I usually focus on NFL off season.
I feel it is set up for success this time around with major broadcast deal and finances. The only thing is that I fully expect a slow sluggish/sloppy start. I don't think there was an enough time for players to adjust to style of play and rules. Hopefully the college heavy schemes and offensive heavy rules, makes up for The lack of talent. I do feel like they will make it at least 2 seasons, but there will be pressure to succeed right away because not sure ESPN/Fox/ABC sticks around if it doesn't.
I want it to succeed and eventually turn into a longer season from like Feb-June so there is more time with Football. But honestly, the main reason I want it to succeed is that I want another licensed football game. The exclusive NFL license isn't likely going anywhere and Madden will continuing sell well enough for NFL to continue on. There's rumors that XFL was already in talks with a publisher about a game and that the publisher wants to see XFL make it to 2nd season before agreeing on a game. Likely it could be 2k because relationship with McMahon and 2k probably knows NFL license will continue to be exclusive. So I definitely want XFL to succeed if that means we could get another licensed football game
Old 02-05-2020, 01:37 AM   #7
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm willing to watch some games here and there to give it a chance.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:53 PM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yes. I'm willing to give it a try. This is the dry part of the year for me. I'm mainly a football fan and casual NBA fan. I'm not into baseball or CBB. I don't get get too into NBA until near playoffs. I usually focus on NFL off season.
I feel it is set up for success this time around with major broadcast deal and finances. The only thing is that I fully expect a slow sluggish/sloppy start. I don't think there was an enough time for players to adjust to style of play and rules. Hopefully the college heavy schemes and offensive heavy rules, makes up for The lack of talent. I do feel like they will make it at least 2 seasons, but there will be pressure to succeed right away because not sure ESPN/Fox/ABC sticks around if it doesn't.
I want it to succeed and eventually turn into a longer season from like Feb-June so there is more time with Football. But honestly, the main reason I want it to succeed is that I want another licensed football game. The exclusive NFL license isn't likely going anywhere and Madden will continuing sell well enough for NFL to continue on. There's rumors that XFL was already in talks with a publisher about a game and that the publisher wants to see XFL make it to 2nd season before agreeing on a game. Likely it could be 2k because relationship with McMahon and 2k probably knows NFL license will continue to be exclusive. So I definitely want XFL to succeed if that means we could get another licensed football game
I think it's been long enough since the XFL originally ran its course for people to have forgotten just how bad it was. It was bad football. Barely watchable, especially the first few games. Some standout talent existed and had its quirks, but I don't think it's going to last at all.

2K making a game, or anyone else, is just wishful thinking.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »