Home

EA Play Live 2020 Pushed One Week - World Premieres, News & More Coming on June 18

This is a discussion on EA Play Live 2020 Pushed One Week - World Premieres, News & More Coming on June 18 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2020, 05:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Since we're probably not going to have any "real" hockey, of any kind, until September at this rate, NHL 21 had better impress.
Maybe they'll announce that Rammer has been fired, and there's new leadership in Vancouver?* Hey, a guy can dream, right?* *That would be the best hockey news I've heard since the Panthers traded Roberto Luongo for Todd Bertuzzi.
Failing that, fewer gimmicks, more game.* I do not need a dozen different Alex Ovechkin cards in HUT.* I do not need guest commentary from Snoop Dogg, or Will Ferrell, or some other celeb du heur.* I do not need play by play that sounds like it was recorded by a rabid chihuahua who just washed down a dozen Vivarins with a 6-shot espresso.* I do not NBA Jam on skates:* if they want to do gimmicky arcade fluff, then they need to spin that off as a separate title.* I do not need network this, and network that:* my tolerance for prepubescent griefers, is about as dinged up as Sidney Crosby's clothes drier.
What I need, is to be able to make a decent breakout pass from the D zone, without screaming, "NO, NO, NO, G**D*** IT!!" when my player instead ices the puck, because my aim with the analog stick was half a degree off line.* This is a legacy issue, which has not been fixed in years.
What I need, is for Be a Pro to catch up with the feature set that it had nearly a decade and an entire hardware generation ago.* It currently plays like a PS3 game, just with a bunch of graphical updates.* ECHL is licensed, but you can't get sent there; and if you play a full season in the CHL, you still can't look at any leagues outside of your own.* The Message Center (which also, while I'm at it, needs a serious rewrite) indicates there's action elsewhere, but I'm not allowed to access any of it, which is the way it's been since PS3 days.
What I need, is a Franchise Mode that lets me control more than one team.* MLB The Show already does this, NHL fans have been begging for it for years, to no avail.
What I need from the NHL series, essentially, is for EA Vancouver to quit yelling "Squirrel!", Scotch taping a new number on the cover, and charging me full price admission.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Play Going Digital on June 11 with World Premieres, News & More - Is There Any

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Refresh my memory, didnt 2k, re-up it’s liscence with nba and live didn’t or didn’t announce anything, people said “well, maybe lives agreement didn’t end at the same time as 2k etc etc”

But it looked 2k signed a 7 deal ......

Live/Ea never did respond to that ........

Maybe this is our answer. No live announced because hey lostnthe liscense or decided not to re-up ?
i agree, thank you for sharing
Old 06-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #11
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Updated OP link.
EA has announced it has moved their timing on EA Play Live. It is now scheduled to begin on June 18 at 7:00 PM ET, so the more important conversations and protests against racial injustice and policy brutality can remain the major focus.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »