Home

EA Play Live 2020 Pushed One Week - World Premieres, News & More Coming on June 18

This is a discussion on EA Play Live 2020 Pushed One Week - World Premieres, News & More Coming on June 18 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2020, 05:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Play Live 2020 Pushed One Week - World Premieres, News & More Coming on June 18

For years, EA Play has been the gathering spot to play early builds of upcoming EA...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2020, 06:48 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Play Going Digital on June 11 with World Premieres, News & More - Is There Any

Looking forward to news on the live franchise and see what they have done in the last 2 years. Hopefully built for next gen. Also hoping to see something on the next UFC game even though Fight Night would be infinitely better.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: EA Play Going Digital on June 11 with World Premieres, News & More - Is There Any

I'd love to hear NBA Street is coming back...
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-04-2020, 09:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I would love to see Fight Night make a return. But not sure if EA wants to jump back into that boat. NBA Street would be great. But I wonder how they will approach with Live. I know they took the year off to focus on next gen. Is taking off a year enough time to really figure things out. Also is a year on working mostly non-final next gen dev kits enough time to reinvent wheel? If it releases this year, will it be cross-plat since they wanted to focus on next gen? Honestly , I rather them go towards a NBA Street route. Only releasing 5 or so games from 2010-2020 is bad especially when Live 18 & 19 showed progress. How much can they truly improve in the year off besides newer next gen hardware. For them to cancel Live 20 when 18 & 19 showed promise, says they want to reinvent the wheel(Again). Instead of trying to openly compete with 2k, I rather see them go with NBA Street. A well done NBA Street on next gen hardware would sell well.

Thinking about Sports only, I'm expecting to see the next gen versions of those games. Fifa will definitely headline the sports section. Fifa will show off next gen features that will come to the other games the following year. Not sure if EA will allow Microsoft to show off any next gen teasers on Thursday May 7. But since the Fifa snippet was shown on the Series X reveal, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:45 PM   #5
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'd love to hear NBA Street is coming back...
NBA street for PS5 would be amazing........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Based on their conference call today and FY21 announced titles, they have Burn out Paradise Remastered and C & C Remastered in Q1, Madden 21 and Fifa 21 in Q2, and NHL 21 in Q3. Other announced titles which include an unannounced sports title, 4 EA Partner titles, and 2 mobile games.

I'm doubting Live is releasing this year. I would consider an unannounced title as something new or non-annual. It does make sense to take an additional year to build for Live next gen. 1 year isn't enough. I see this as situation where Live is building from the ground up for next gen, so multiple years are needed. As for that unannounced sports title, a lot of speculation that it is either UFC or boxing. I doubt boxing since the promoter Eddie Hearn has been saying EA didn't seem as interested. As much as I would love it to be NBA Street, UFC definitely seems like likely answer. UFC releases every couple years and it has been two years since last release

Last edited by illwill10; 05-05-2020 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 PM   #7
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Refresh my memory, didnt 2k, re-up it’s liscence with nba and live didn’t or didn’t announce anything, people said “well, maybe lives agreement didn’t end at the same time as 2k etc etc”

But it looked 2k signed a 7 deal ......

Live/Ea never did respond to that ........

Maybe this is our answer. No live announced because hey lostnthe liscense or decided not to re-up ?
Old 05-06-2020, 05:59 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Refresh my memory, didnt 2k, re-up it’s liscence with nba and live didn’t or didn’t announce anything, people said “well, maybe lives agreement didn’t end at the same time as 2k etc etc”

But it looked 2k signed a 7 deal ......

Live/Ea never did respond to that ........

Maybe this is our answer. No live announced because hey lostnthe liscense or decided not to re-up ?
It was a 7 year 1.1 billion deal that was announced Jan 2019 I believe. I was always waiting to hear when EA would re-up their deal. They have the finances to do that deal. But it has to come to a point where EA doesn't want to keep investing in so much mediocrity. I don't see NBA giving any discounts to EA. So do they really want to sign a 1.1 billion deal for a series that only released 5 games since 2010.

Only thing is, like I said, EA has the finances(better than Take-Two) to afford that deal. With EA, it is does the higher ups and investors wants to keep investing in the Live Series. EA has shown a lot more patience with their sports games compared to 2k. 2k dropped their other sports games to mainly focus on NBA and only now looking to expand back into other sports. EA has the bigger catalog of sports titles. They would have college sports if they could. EA seems to want to have the main sports outside of baseball. So I can see a situation where they continue on with Live just to have the most sports titles

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »