Home

If You Could Resurrect One Sports Game Series (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on If You Could Resurrect One Sports Game Series (Roundtable) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
If You Could Resurrect One Sports Game Series (Roundtable)

On today's roundtable, we're going to do a thought experiment to see which sports games some...

Written By: Operation Sports

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
For me, it would be between NFL 2k and NCAA COLLEGE football.* But I think I would lean toward NCAA.* With so many teams and different divisions the game never got boring to me. Today you could really have some depth to college football with High school recruits, season mode, and new playoff format would make the very fun!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: If You Could Resurrect One Sports Game Series (Roundtable)

I'll get a little weird here and combine two of the items in the roundtable. I'd want College Football 2K to come back. Yes, College Football 2K3 was terrible. However, we want college football video games back, and we want 2K football. Why not have both? I guarantee they would knock it out of the park after a couple releases. Factor in the deep customization they offer in NBA2K and boom.

College Hoops would be a close second for me. Luckily, I can re-live some of that magic by having a custom college league in NBA2K so I'm not craving College Hoops as much as football right now.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35

College Hoops. I even wrote an article about it years back for OS. https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-mock-review/

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
The death of EA"s separate World Cup game has been under-reported. We are only getting a 32 team free add-on, not the full 200 plus team qualifying tournament that showed cased the wonderful diversity of football. Instead EA is putting all resources for FUT even in the WC where is has no business at all. The 2010 World Cup game remains my favorite sports game of all time. There was no reason to kill the WC other than greed and pushing loot boxes. College sports and 2k football went away for much different reasons.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Bowl! Sometimes we get too critical with series for not having one element that is exactly like the real sport. I want Bo to go wild, I want LT to be the fastest man on the planet, and of course, the ambulance driving on the field AND the soundtrack! Second choice is NCAA football, third would be ANY Indycar driving game
Old 05-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #7
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
College Hoops. I still play 2k8 quite a bit. Played it just last night as a matter of fact but I would love to have an updated version with a full fledged Legacy mode.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

Put me down for a new version of NCAA College Football 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »