Home

E3 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on E3 2005 Movie Clips within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: E3 2005 Movie Clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
You have rank like that playa?? Shoot!! Though not solid, it makes me wonder even more.
Lol, on g4 or something like that,l they were talking to peter moore about nba 2k6 and he told them that it was real time and greg thomas was interviewed and he said that it was real time.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwiz
whether or not they want it too look like that or their goal is for it to look like that, that Lebron clip wasnt footage of 2k6(like ive been sayin) cuz the game right now, the players dont even have shirts on yet

they havent gotten that far yet in the production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot
The game is still in a very early state. Though one of the big visual improvements in the game will be the use of fully modeled clothing physics, we only got to see this in real time on player shorts, as jerseys were not yet implemented. Seeing a game between the Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat with 10 shirtless players on the court was a little bizarre, like seeing a streetball match in an NBA arena. However, the lack of shirts meant that we could see how much improvement has been made in detailing player musculature. Ripped six-pack abdominal, pectoral, shoulder, back, and arm muscles are easily apparent, even when the viewpoint is zoomed out a ways. Overall, player models look more detailed at this early stage, although the shader work on exposed skin could use some sharpening up.

same link
http://www.gamespot.com/x360/sports...ew_6125690.html

Last edited by Blackwiz; 06-06-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #35
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I've seen that but I'm telling you what I have seen confirmed by vc and microsoft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2005, 05:47 PM   #36
Rookie

kid, u gotta put ya pride down

the guys at Sony were claiming everything at e3 weren't prerendered and we know that wasn't true(especially on a lot of those games)
Old 06-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #37
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
kid, u gotta put ya pride down

the guys at Sony were claiming everything at e3 weren't prerendered and we know that wasn't true(especially on a lot of those games)
Whoa to the site that makes this guy a mod.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #38
Rookie

ayo, Jmood

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...=1#post1673441

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
The LeBron clip was, like seemingly everyone's clips at E3 - a "concept" video.
However, I saw the real thing up close and personal behind closed doors, and they weren't terribly far off even at that very early point. The players are created, well... naked. The clothing is made of different objects; apart from the player model, and they interact with the player using proper physics. It looked very, very good. This year's game might not look just like the LeBron "concept" clip, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were very close when it's released.

I know tons of other sites (and writers I personally know) have drooled all over Madden's Xbox 360 presentation - which consisted of an unmoving model of Shaun Alexander and Qwest Field. It looked good - I won't lie. However, after seeing NBA 2K6 in motion, with 10 players, a fully-rendered crowd and stadium during gameplay... there's no question - it was the single most impressive thing I saw at E3 besides the Xbox 360 itself.

u goin admit i was right now?
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 PM   #39
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks for the vids guys!

And again Operation Sports proves why it's the best sports gaming site in the world.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 06-06-2005 at 09:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »