Home

MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox)

This is a discussion on MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox)

Good for EA. I really enjoyed MVP this year, more so than ESPN, so for them to continue it in some way is great. And I love college baseball.

hope they can get some of the bigger college stadiums in too, other than just Rosenblatt. I would hate for them to all be generic. That said, the pics of Rosenblatt look pretty good, even at this stage.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:58 PM   #18
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
College baseball? What's next, a WNBA game?
Here's the thing though. I've never watched a College Baseball game. Frankly, I don't care at all about College Baseball. But I don't follow College Basketball either and I will tell you, the last NCAA 2K game may have been the best sports game ever made. I didn't know any of the players, but I played that game more than any other sports game this year. Why? Because it had an awesome dynasty mode. College games are cool because the seasons are short and there is in season recruiting, which makes the GM nuts like me much more excited about playing each season. You get all the fun GM stuff all season long. In the pro games, you get a few tasks to do after playing a long season, then you have to play another entire season before you get to do the major GM duties.

If this game has good gameplay and a great dynasty system, it won't matter to me that I don't follow College Baseball. I'll buy it. Especially if EA cuts the price to undermine 2Ksports.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

College baseball If I only knew more than 5 college players maybe I'd be interested, I'd also be interested if they have an unlockable team of kids that are tring to get their GED.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #20
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBIZZLE
College baseball If I only knew more than 5 college players maybe I'd be interested, I'd also be interested if they have an unlockable team of kids that are tring to get their GED.
well, some people suggested a baseball game of fake players since you can't use MLB players. This is pretty much the same thing I think. So for those people, I don't see why this game doesn't excite them. I would much rather have MLB players in the game, but I'm happy that at least I can still play with the MVP engine. And the fact that there is some realism since it is real college teams, that makes it better for me than just a fake league. Hopefully the scouting of the players is done as well as the NCAA football game, otherwise it will be even more of a fake league. Either way, I don't see why this option wouldn't excite the gamers that wanted a MVP engine game even if it was fake players.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #21
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
well, some people suggested a baseball game of fake players since you can't use MLB players. This is pretty much the same thing I think. So for those people, I don't see why this game doesn't excite them. I would much rather have MLB players in the game, but I'm happy that at least I can still play with the MVP engine. And the fact that there is some realism since it is real college teams, that makes it better for me than just a fake league. Hopefully the scouting of the players is done as well as the NCAA football game, otherwise it will be even more of a fake league. Either way, I don't see why this option wouldn't excite the gamers that wanted a MVP engine game even if it was fake players.
You're exactly right. This is plainly an example of people like to bitch. I at first thought it was limited to only women, but I have come to believe that it is human normality to bitch. Here is EA, who takes a pounding by people because they don't do new things, making a new game. This is something that has never been done before. Here is EA, who takes a bashing that they don't care about their customers, producing a NCAA Baseball game because they don't have the rights anymore to MLB. Here is EA trying to keep their customers, trying for their customers. I, like almost everyone, really know nothing about college baseball. However, this was hands down the best baseball engine this season....and I anticipate it being by far the best engine once again. Let's also be honest here, not many of us ever played a full season anyways in MVP. I mean, playing 162 baseball games is tough. While it is a great sport, it's very difficult to play a dynasty for any type of length.
This is a great idea....and a far better idea than some made up fantasy team with made up players. This is real. College baseball is real! I have probably watched no more than 1 hour of college baseball in my entire life, but I'm excited about this game. I will be able to play far more seasons because of the shorter seasons, I will be able to go deeper into dynasty mode. And I will be able to continue to play the best baseball engine out there....unless take two just makes unbelievable strides in their game.
I'm going to stick with EA and their attempt to keep their baseball fans. I will certainly not bash them for their efforts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon11 Re: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox)

Anyone up to doing Rosters for this game
Old 09-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

the name sounds a little too cluttered, i think they should just stick with ncaa baseball 06
Old 09-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
the name sounds a little too cluttered, i think they should just stick with ncaa baseball 06

I think it's good to keep MVP in the title. That way, people will realize that it has the same engine as MVP 2005. MVP05 is still a great game 6 months later. I'm looking forward to this title even though I don't watch much NCAA baseball (other than the College World Series).

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »