Home

2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards

This is a discussion on 2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #41
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
Ya, I guess...

But I think the luster of voting and what not may have warn off now that the staff awards are already out, ya know? It would of been different if they were both released around the same time... I don't know, maybe.
Pssst... the awards were released yesterday... anytime in the next 10-15 days is "around the same time".

It doesn't matter... whatever you want to do.... just, for the love of GOD, don't start crying!!!

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #42
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Pssst... the awards were released yesterday... anytime in the next 10-15 days is "around the same time".

It doesn't matter... whatever you want to do.... just, for the love of GOD, don't start crying!!!
I already did my tear shedding during your "but it takes a village to make a great community like we have on the OS Forums. You are all a piece of the puzzle. You all deserve to win. Thank you all for making the OS Forums the best community on the ‘Net". But, tears of joy.

Ya, maybe I will talk with Sully about what he thinks, and what he wants to do. I would definately like to have some poster voted awards.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #43
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for the great job on the awards and all the hard work in 2005!
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 01-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love the awards but I think 2K Games always gets the nod no matter how bad or good the games are. When you can blast a puck through the back of and still get credit for the goal it makes me wonder. I just think because EA destroys 2K in games sales year in and year out people think it's the in thing to do to bash them. College Hoops for the PS2 has a ton of slow down and the shot stick thing is random. I spun the shot stick in circle motion because I forgot that it was a shot stick and I was trying to do a spin move and guess what happen I hit a 3 pointer. Gee thats a great invention. I agree EA is far from perfect but I think in general the games are less buggy and feel much more polished. I think there is a problem when a game like MLB 2K5 earns a better score then NBA Live 06. MLB 2K5 had nummerous bugs yet it still gets an ok score. Don't call me Mr. EA Fan Boy because I own NBA, NHL and CH 2K6 for the PS2. I also Live 06 and NHL 06. Here is the way I see it.

Football-NCAA 06.
Baseball-MLB 06 PSP Version it's game play was spot on.
Hockey-NHL 06 this was close but the faceoff thing and the back of the net scoring drove me nuts. NHL is not without many issues but I have to say it's fun.
Basketball-NBA 2K6-I freakin hate the shot stick for shooting long shots but it is cool for the inside game. The rest of the game is great. NBA Live is good but funny camera angles, poor player movement and rebounding problems give 2K the slight edge.
Best invention laugh if you want but the shot target in NHL 06 is freakin awsome. I know gretzky had last year but it was handled wrong. I aim at the place and when I blast by the goalie it's a great feelin.
Game of the year- NCAA 06- Great AI and Impact players and I love the race for the Hiesman mode.

I think EA won this year, 2K makes great games but bugs and a lack of polish hurt the games. I'm not trying to cause trouble but it's just my thoughts.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolf1
I love the awards but I think 2K Games always gets the nod no matter how bad or good the games are. When you can blast a puck through the back of and still get credit for the goal it makes me wonder. I just think because EA destroys 2K in games sales year in and year out people think it's the in thing to do to bash them. College Hoops for the PS2 has a ton of slow down and the shot stick thing is random. I spun the shot stick in circle motion because I forgot that it was a shot stick and I was trying to do a spin move and guess what happen I hit a 3 pointer. Gee thats a great invention. I agree EA is far from perfect but I think in general the games are less buggy and feel much more polished. I think there is a problem when a game like MLB 2K5 earns a better score then NBA Live 06. MLB 2K5 had nummerous bugs yet it still gets an ok score. Don't call me Mr. EA Fan Boy because I own NBA, NHL and CH 2K6 for the PS2. I also Live 06 and NHL 06. Here is the way I see it.

Football-NCAA 06.
Baseball-MLB 06 PSP Version it's game play was spot on.
Hockey-NHL 06 this was close but the faceoff thing and the back of the net scoring drove me nuts. NHL is not without many issues but I have to say it's fun.
Basketball-NBA 2K6-I freakin hate the shot stick for shooting long shots but it is cool for the inside game. The rest of the game is great. NBA Live is good but funny camera angles, poor player movement and rebounding problems give 2K the slight edge.
Best invention laugh if you want but the shot target in NHL 06 is freakin awsome. I know gretzky had last year but it was handled wrong. I aim at the place and when I blast by the goalie it's a great feelin.
Game of the year- NCAA 06- Great AI and Impact players and I love the race for the Hiesman mode.

I think EA won this year, 2K makes great games but bugs and a lack of polish hurt the games. I'm not trying to cause trouble but it's just my thoughts.
By the end of the day, you'll have your chance to vote. We'll be opening up the OS Member's Choice Awards.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »