Home

Fight Night Round 3 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 3 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Round 3 Review (360)

We have just posted our Fight Night Round 3 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert has to say about it.
"EA is back with Fight Night Round 3 and this was definitely a difficult game to review. I have to admit that I usually cut game companies some slack when reviewing the first game in a series on a new console. However, this situation is a little different. Fight Night Round 3 isn’t a launch game, and with the exception of the graphics and a few features, the game is a port of the current-generation console versions. Most of the major features can be found in all versions of this game and EA had three months after launch to prepare this game for release. Still, this is the first next-generation appearance for the Fight Night series and some growing pains are guaranteed to occur. As can be expected, there is plenty of good and plenty of bad with the third version of the Fight Night series."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Fight Night Round 3 Review (360)

Dang, I was really thinking this would be the game to catapult all games. I liked the review. Honestly, I am still waiting for the game in the mail and this makes me really anticipate the fun I'll have. FNR2 was great until the haymakers were too much and the realistic gameplay was too easy. Wasn't a proper balance in there and the career was lacking a bit. And the decrease in the amount of boxers in the game really is a killer. I wonder if this is a plan made for the PS3 to benefit from or something?? Just thinking.......
Old 02-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Fight Night Round 3 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted our Fight Night Round 3 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert has to say about it.
"EA is back with Fight Night Round 3 and this was definitely a difficult game to review. I have to admit that I usually cut game companies some slack when reviewing the first game in a series on a new console. However, this situation is a little different. Fight Night Round 3 isn’t a launch game, and with the exception of the graphics and a few features, the game is a port of the current-generation console versions. Most of the major features can be found in all versions of this game and EA had three months after launch to prepare this game for release. Still, this is the first next-generation appearance for the Fight Night series and some growing pains are guaranteed to occur. As can be expected, there is plenty of good and plenty of bad with the third version of the Fight Night series."
He put the nail to the head on this review..I though his FRN2 review was lacking & incorrect in some areas..No complaints with this one.. I been calling for sliders after FN1 was released.. Kudo says only 'lazy' developers add sliders to their games, to 'fix' the gameplay.

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »