Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #73
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc_web
The people receiving the freeze issue is actually a minority, not majority, as the article states.
I based that off general messageboard response at IGN, GameFAQs, 2K Sports and here. Both polls which showed a majority and a "sense". If you have stats that say otherwise, I'm all ears.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #74
VC Web Dev

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
I based that off general messageboard response at IGN, GameFAQs, 2K Sports and here. Both polls which showed a majority and a "sense". If you have stats that say otherwise, I'm all ears.
It certainly appears that way as the minority is quite vocal, especially on messageboards. 2K Sports forums had an influx of new posters who registered for the sole purpose of complaining about the game, for example. Many people for whom the game does not freeze do not really have an incentive to visit the messageboards and voice their opinion.

Exact stats cannot be given as a more objective survey would be required, but given the nature of the problem, which the development team has identified, the word from them is the majority of the users are likely not experiencing the freeze issue.

The review for the game is understandable given your experience, but I just wanted to point out that describing the majority of the users as having the same problem as you could be a bit misleading.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #75
VC Web Dev

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I tried multiple copies of it and never could get more than 1 or 2 games in a row without a freeze.
Trying different copies of the game won't work. The game programming is the same from disk to disk. The inconsistency from what I understand depends on the 360 console you have.

For those of you already putting coffee mugs on your 2k6 disks, just be careful not to spill on it before the patch comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #76
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Trying different copies of the game won't work. The game programming is the same from disk to disk. The inconsistency from what I understand depends on the 360 console you have.

For those of you already putting coffee mugs on your 2k6 disks, just be careful not to spill on it before the patch comes out.
Should I worry about spilling my coffee on my NBA 2k6 and CH 2k6 discs? I like being able to have 2 coffee mugs at my desk at the same time.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
Should I worry about spilling my coffee on my NBA 2k6 and CH 2k6 discs? I like being able to have 2 coffee mugs at my desk at the same time.
patch or no patch, the game is still another SLOPPY, Half-Assed effort by KUSH Games! I hope they finish developing the game while they're working on the patch.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #78
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

no no see u guys are missing their marketing ploy

this way they can justify a WORLD SERIES EDITION.....oh yay yay yay

evne though such flaws as the boston red sox AWAY JERSEY will still be wrong
Old 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #79
Pro

gallandro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Well I hope that patch fixes my NBA2K6 and Elder Scrolls Oblivion problems which sprouted up AFTER I started playing MLB2K6.

Both worked fine before that abomination was introduced. Unfortunately I don't know what I'm going to do as I returned MLB2K6 for store credit... Hopefully my buddy hung onto his copy so I can apply the patch... which will HOPEFULLY address these other issues.

Yancy

P.S. Oh, and please don't dismiss this as a problem that "a minority" are having. Two of our local EB games have over 20 customers return MLB2K6. This is a larger problem than Take 2 is suggesting it is.

Last edited by gallandro; 04-21-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dude..I read the review but I guess I'm bothered by his score not matching the positive statements that he made. I'm sorry but numbers do matter in reviews because many people don't read the full review and just want to know whether they should buy the game or not. When you give a game a 1 out of 10, that means to me anyway..that 2K got 1 out of 10 things right in this game. I don't look at it as this one reviewer had a bad experience getting through a 9 inning game so he thinks maaannn...this game is broke. I'm giving it a 1 because it doesn't even work out of the box. I can understand the frustration but I don't think such a low score is valid here because other sites and reviewers are pointing out the positive aspects of the game and still giving it a lower score like 6 point something or even lower which I think is fair. I know several of my friends who haven't had the game freeze on them once, EVER. What if they did the reviews for this site and gave it an 8. Would that be accurate? I don't see how a review can be based on one player's experience. I'm no 2K fanboy, I just hate to see the people who do look just at the numbers and quick summary review to never consider this game when it may be a game worth considering if they fixed the freezing issue. I agree about it now being a "BUG". This game sounds broke but I think a fair score would have been a 3 even. That is my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
So if the number was higher, the review would have been more professional? Did you even read the review or did you jump on the score and felt it was your duty to sound off and refer to this site as not respectable? He pointed out all of the good points of the game and stated that is was totally unacceptable to have a game that he couldn't complete 9 innings. Did you want him to make up an experience so it justifies your liking of the game and company? Read the text, not the number. I am sorry that you disagree so strongly with the review. Actually, that's not really the important thing b/c a forum is a discussion. However, to say the review was ameteur-ish and that the site is not respectable is outright wrong and a blatant lie.

I love how people are attacking the review, but still can't give a logical reason why the review is false. Numbers bother people that much I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »