Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 04-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #81
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
Dude..I read the review but I guess I'm bothered by his score not matching the positive statements that he made. I'm sorry but numbers do matter in reviews because many people don't read the full review and just want to know whether they should buy the game or not. When you give a game a 1 out of 10, that means to me anyway..that 2K got 1 out of 10 things right in this game. I don't look at it as this one reviewer had a bad experience getting through a 9 inning game so he thinks maaannn...this game is broke. I'm giving it a 1 because it doesn't even work out of the box. I can understand the frustration but I don't think such a low score is valid here because other sites and reviewers are pointing out the positive aspects of the game and still giving it a lower score like 6 point something or even lower which I think is fair. I know several of my friends who haven't had the game freeze on them once, EVER. What if they did the reviews for this site and gave it an 8. Would that be accurate? I don't see how a review can be based on one player's experience. I'm no 2K fanboy, I just hate to see the people who do look just at the numbers and quick summary review to never consider this game when it may be a game worth considering if they fixed the freezing issue. I agree about it now being a "BUG". This game sounds broke but I think a fair score would have been a 3 even. That is my point.
I hear what you are saying, but I still disagree with your argument. How can someone give a game a good rating without getting through it? That is asking them to lie. Second, a review is ONE person's opinion. Film reviewers, music reviewers, video game reviewers are just one person reviewing based on their experience. That is why you have reviewers you trust (b/c they have similar taste, agreement in the past, etc.).

Why would a 3 be more fair than a 1? I don't get it. He even stated why he gave it a 1 unlike other sites. Also, if people just read the score that is their fault anyway. It wasn't a quick review. All OS reviews are comprehensive.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:11 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
I hear what you are saying, but I still disagree with your argument. How can someone give a game a good rating without getting through it? That is asking them to lie. Second, a review is ONE person's opinion. Film reviewers, music reviewers, video game reviewers are just one person reviewing based on their experience. That is why you have reviewers you trust (b/c they have similar taste, agreement in the past, etc.).

Why would a 3 be more fair than a 1? I don't get it. He even stated why he gave it a 1 unlike other sites. Also, if people just read the score that is their fault anyway. It wasn't a quick review. All OS reviews are comprehensive.
I completely agree with the 1/10 review. The game just froze on me today, and though I have yet to try the "quick fixes" that many threads and forum admins (what's up 2k) are suggesting, this is completely unacceptable. I had a very enjoyable time playing this game for the last 11 days, freeze free. Yet every single game that I had played, I was holding my breath expecting the worst. Today was that day. And all of the enjoyable gameplay that I had with tweaked sliders and all were forgotten because in the end, I have a $60 dollar frisbee. This isn't the original Nintendo where you have to blow the cartridge 1,000 times to get a game to play. This is a Next-Gen, expensive system with Next-Gen games people. Problems like this just shouldn't exist. **** a patch, ( I don't have high speed internet anyways), **** reformatting, **** clearing a cache, that still doesn't fix the fact that 2k put out a game That Doesn't Work. $60 = game you can play (too hard to ask for?)
Old 04-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 1

What a foolish review. Many good and bad points were made and the article was fairly coherent and at times intelligent. Then the end comes=1/10. You might as well have given a two word review-"It sucks". Any credibility this site had with reviews just got trashed so this guy could make a conversation piece with a 1/10 rating. Dumb, and stupid. No question about it. Is the game bad? Probably to most people. Is this review completely pointless and idiotic? Of course, to anyone with an I.Q above 40.

Last edited by Troller; 04-22-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #84
Pro

gallandro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller
What a foolish review. Many good and bad points were made and the article was fairly coherent and at times intelligent. Then the end comes=1/10. You might as well have given a two word review-"It sucks". Any credibility this site had with reviews just got trashed so this guy could make a conversation piece with a 1/10 rating. Dumb, and stupid. No question about it. Is the game bad? Probably to most people. Is this review completely pointless and idiotic? Of course, to anyone with an I.Q above 40.
Wow... talk about idiotic. What part of, "Perhaps a patch would change this rating, and I may revisit the game at a later date," do you not understand?
The game did not work for the reviewer out of the box as advertised. If you cannot get past 3 or 4 innings without a freeze a reviewer has no choice but to warn potential consumers.

Frankly this game reminds me A LOT of Football Pro 99. A game with tons of potential, marred by horrible glitches and game killing bugs. Take 2 needs to get their act together and dump Kush as soon as possible, ever since they got their hands on this title it's been going downhill.

Oh, how I pine for the days of World Series Baseball 2K3.

Yancy
Old 04-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #85
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen13
I completely agree with the 1/10 review. The game just froze on me today, and though I have yet to try the "quick fixes" that many threads and forum admins (what's up 2k) are suggesting, this is completely unacceptable. I had a very enjoyable time playing this game for the last 11 days, freeze free. Yet every single game that I had played, I was holding my breath expecting the worst. Today was that day. And all of the enjoyable gameplay that I had with tweaked sliders and all were forgotten because in the end, I have a $60 dollar frisbee. This isn't the original Nintendo where you have to blow the cartridge 1,000 times to get a game to play. This is a Next-Gen, expensive system with Next-Gen games people. Problems like this just shouldn't exist. **** a patch, ( I don't have high speed internet anyways), **** reformatting, **** clearing a cache, that still doesn't fix the fact that 2k put out a game That Doesn't Work. $60 = game you can play (too hard to ask for?)

Welcome aboard.

I've heard they will fix the game for those without xbl as well. I'm in that boat.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #86
舍生取义

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc_web
Trying different copies of the game won't work. The game programming is the same from disk to disk. The inconsistency from what I understand depends on the 360 console you have.

For those of you already putting coffee mugs on your 2k6 disks, just be careful not to spill on it before the patch comes out.
What about the Boston jerseys which in real life they had BOSTON on them for over 100 years now?

The game is trash, a little FYI, look into MLB06, that is how you make a baseball game.

I hope your pathetic patch that supposedly is a minority fixes the other games that cache on the 360. Still wont fix the sub-par baseball game you put out.

Your game actually made me return it and buy a new PS2 and The Show. I cant believe how much better that game looks, plays and feels compared to 2K6, and it is on previous gen PS2. I didnt return 2K6 cause of the freezing, I returned it because of the joke it is to baseball. Nice port of junk.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:55 PM   #87
Meatball

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
What about the Boston jerseys which in real life they had BOSTON on them for over 100 years now?

The game is trash, a little FYI, look into MLB06, that is how you make a baseball game.

I hope your pathetic patch that supposedly is a minority fixes the other games that cache on the 360. Still wont fix the sub-par baseball game you put out.

Your game actually made me return it and buy a new PS2 and The Show. I cant believe how much better that game looks, plays and feels compared to 2K6, and it is on previous gen PS2. I didnt return 2K6 cause of the freezing, I returned it because of the joke it is to baseball. Nice port of junk.

I agree 100% with this post. I did the same thing. I DID NOT WANT TO PURCHASE A PS2!!!! But I am so glad I did, because '06 The Show is the best video baseball game (yes, better than MVP 2005) I have ever played. Kinda crazy that I have to regress in consoles, but that is what happens when a sh*tty product like MLB 2K6 comes out.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:31 AM   #88
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg2345
I agree 100% with this post. I did the same thing. I DID NOT WANT TO PURCHASE A PS2!!!! But I am so glad I did, because '06 The Show is the best video baseball game (yes, better than MVP 2005) I have ever played. Kinda crazy that I have to regress in consoles, but that is what happens when a sh*tty product like MLB 2K6 comes out.
Yah I purchased a PS2 and MLB'06 The Show and so far no regrets. The game has been great and I havent even played with pro teams yet!

As for MLB2k6, I really hope they take a look at the developers and hand it off exclusively to VC. The foundation is there they just have to fix all the broken parts. Oh and I always gotta give a shout out to those game testers, your really earning your money - Put down Halo 2 and do your job!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »