Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2006, 12:57 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Major League Baseball 2K6 Freeze Bug Patch Is Out

Bought the the game last week and played without any freeze issues before I downloaded the patch tonight.

Love the game.

Is it worth a 1 out of 10 now?
Old 04-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #90
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22

Bought the the game last week and played without any freeze issues before I downloaded the patch tonight.

Love the game.

It is if the game still freezes for Fossen. Ive heard that the patch fixes the bug for some people and not others. You just dont seem to get that the fact that the game doesnt freeze for you doesnt have any effect on the game.

Also, when the review is updated if it doesnt freeze for fossen, it will get a new score.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #91
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22

Love the game.

I will be writing an addendum to the review, and rescoring at some point next week.

Obviously, this patch changes the score. However ... releasing a patch is still not quite the same thing as releasing a working game. I believe that if you pay $60, you deserve a working game, not simply the promise of one. I'm glad they patched it, and did so quickly. I would have been more glad had the game not been released in the state it was.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #92
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
I will be writing an addendum to the review, and rescoring at some point next week.

Obviously, this patch changes the score. However ... releasing a patch is still not quite the same thing as releasing a working game. I believe that if you pay $60, you deserve a working game, not simply the promise of one. I'm glad they patched it, and did so quickly. I would have been more glad had the game not been released in the state it was.
If this game was properly tested, they should have seen this.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:48 AM   #93
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen

Why bother writing anything...All guys like him care about is the score. So put some random number down other than a 1 and people will be happy. It is completely ridiculous the amount of heat you have taken for the review.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #94
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I don't understand why people are choosing to call this a 'BUG'. The Madden game where the draft classes wouldn't load... that was a 'BUG'. You could still play a full game in any mode, you just couldn't use one function. A 'BUG'. This game, until it is patched (which at the time of the review -- it wasn't), is BROKEN for some owners. Not being able to play a game out of the box is BROKEN. Not being able to do a 'Double Swith' or use the 'Trading Block' is a 'BUG'.

And for those who are stepping in here to "defend 2K" from OS... shame on you. OS exists because YOU... the Sports Gamers... want a site that doesn't change their rating scale based on Advertising dollars... 2K wants that too... Don't try to defend people who aren't asking for your defense... You don't think 2K is horrified and embarassed by this?

good point

now take it to another level.....do some real reporting from E3 & why game developers are going after exclusivity deals & ask them (2k) why they had such a terrible time with mlb 2k6
Old 04-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #95
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
Why bother writing anything...All guys like him care about is the score.
Well ... I'm certainly not writing a single word to appease anyone.

However, the review as it stands is not longer an accurate picture of the title, and I'll be addressing that.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #96
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

What about those that dont have internet connections to their 360s? how do they make this game playable? I still think the score stands, unless they come out and sell a version thats NOT freezing. Expecting everyone to have broadband in order to play your game is insane.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »