Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 04-19-2006, 09:22 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Dont forget people, its best to play your game yourself instead of listening to someone's else opinion, which an opinion is all it is. Someone views, but again play the game yourself.

I only have inside pitch and wsb2k4 on xbox, those are the last baseball games i am buying for years. Not saying the newer 2k baseball games are dumb, just saying i have 2 of the best at the moment.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:46 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs down Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

I never post but feel that I have to here. Come on man, you come off as an amateur giving this game a 1 out of 10. If they put out a patch, which I'm sure they will, it would get a higher score from any reviewer. I understand your frustrations and I've been debating whether to purchase the game due to the "freezing" issue. I am using this negative criticism to hopefully land the game for a lower price point or at least buy it and if it freezes return it to these stores buying into the "freeze" hype. It's a damn shame that 2K Sports did not fix the bugs first, but giving it a 1 out of 10 is uncalled for. Is this game the 25 to Life version of baseball? It can't be that bad. This site is obviously not trying to become more respectable with reviews like this. Boo!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:52 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
I never post but feel that I have to here. Come on man, you come off as an amateur giving this game a 1 out of 10. If they put out a patch, which I'm sure they will, it would get a higher score from any reviewer. I understand your frustrations and I've been debating whether to purchase the game due to the "freezing" issue. I am using this negative criticism to hopefully land the game for a lower price point or at least buy it and if it freezes return it to these stores buying into the "freeze" hype. It's a damn shame that 2K Sports did not fix the bugs first, but giving it a 1 out of 10 is uncalled for. Is this game the 25 to Life version of baseball? It can't be that bad. This site is obviously not trying to become more respectable with reviews like this. Boo!
Well said. One thing people seem to forget is that the 360 is a brand new system. Developers couldn't have more than a year with the development tools. Funny thing if this winds up being a microsoft issue all along. There'd be ALOT of crow to eat. Of course I guarantee that 80% of the people who can't get to their keyboards fast enough to dog the company out will be non-existant afterwards.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:16 AM   #52
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
I never post but feel that I have to here. Come on man, you come off as an amateur giving this game a 1 out of 10. If they put out a patch, which I'm sure they will, it would get a higher score from any reviewer.
Emphasis mine.

Yes, a patched game would get a higher score. However, at this point no such game exists.

There is no patch, and no guarantee of when one will come, and no guarantee it will not introduce new problems (see the recent CH 2K6 and NBA 2K6 updates). I reviewed my experience of the game, and it couldn't complete 9 innings of baseball until I removed (and later reformatted) the hard drive.

If any of y'all feel that a game which can't do a full nine innings without a crash deserves a high score, feel free to do so on your own site. Here, I call it like I see it: this game is (at this point) a glorified tech demo for which people are being charged $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Well said. One thing people seem to forget is that the 360 is a brand new system. Developers couldn't have more than a year with the development tools.
So it's OK to charge $60 for a game that doesn't work?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:42 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Emphasis mine.

Yes, a patched game would get a higher score. However, at this point no such game exists.

There is no patch, and no guarantee of when one will come, and no guarantee it will not introduce new problems (see the recent CH 2K6 and NBA 2K6 updates). I reviewed my experience of the game, and it couldn't complete 9 innings of baseball until I removed (and later reformatted) the hard drive.

If any of y'all feel that a game which can't do a full nine innings without a crash deserves a high score, feel free to do so on your own site. Here, I call it like I see it: this game is (at this point) a glorified tech demo for which people are being charged $60.

So it's OK to charge $60 for a game that doesn't work?

So did OS give last yrs. mlb 06 game a 1? Cause all i remember is people cursing out sony for releasing a game that seemed to be freezing for most people on these boards.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

its just like a faulty car, guys.

youd expect a car to receive low marks if the motor over heats within 15 minutes of use. it's main function is broken.

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 04-20-2006 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #55
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask3m
So did OS give last yrs. mlb 06 game a 1? Cause all i remember is people cursing out sony for releasing a game that seemed to be freezing for most people on these boards.
It didn't freeze on me - I experienced no problems with the game at all. Also, I didn't get the sense it was quite as widespread as this bug.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #56
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask3m
it got a 9 I think, but my score for it would be a 1 because I never was able to play it. I tried multiple copies of it and never could get more than 1 or 2 games in a row without a freeze. So I can understand why some rate MLB 2k6 for the 360 a 1 because my score for MLB 2006 last year was at the highest a 1. But at least the 360 has the possibility of a patch whether it comes or not. Last years SCEA MLB 2006 was nothing more than a coaster for me. I didn't even sell it on ebay because I didn't want to sell a broken game to someone who might end up having the same problems.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 04-20-2006 at 12:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »