Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #65
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I don't understand why people are choosing to call this a 'BUG'. The Madden game where the draft classes wouldn't load... that was a 'BUG'. You could still play a full game in any mode, you just couldn't use one function. A 'BUG'. This game, until it is patched (which at the time of the review -- it wasn't), is BROKEN for some owners. Not being able to play a game out of the box is BROKEN. Not being able to do a 'Double Swith' or use the 'Trading Block' is a 'BUG'.

And for those who are stepping in here to "defend 2K" from OS... shame on you. OS exists because YOU... the Sports Gamers... want a site that doesn't change their rating scale based on Advertising dollars... 2K wants that too... Don't try to defend people who aren't asking for your defense... You don't think 2K is horrified and embarassed by this?
From the 2K perspective, I do know that they are looking into a variety of solutions for the issue. I think Clay is accurate in suggesting the horror associated with this problem. The intent of any manufacturer in never to produce junk

Have fun............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
It's sad to see operation sports jumping on the "Bash 2K' bandwagon. This was one of the most irresponsible "reviews" I've read in a while. 1 outta 10? Come on. To say that the game doesn't work means that for the past week I've been only dreaming that my copy works and I've been playing some great games of baseball.

When something doesn't work it means it doesn't work. Not doesn't work for some and not others. Not sometimes work and sometimes does. It means it DOES NOT WORK, PERIOD. Mine works and, believe it or not, the vast majority of buyer's copies work. If they didn't all stores across america would be getting returns for EVERY game they sold and that's not happening. I've been asking everyday I visit my usual spots and I've yet to hear of games being returned en mass.

I thought there were adults here running this show? A simple 5 outta 10 would have sufficed for the simple reason that yours did crash. More over the gameplay is correct. The momentum in fielding is as it should be. No turbo-ing recklessly with not a care in the world, no turning on a dime. Some actual THOUGHT has to be used when fielding the ball or do you guys think MLB players get payed millions to be dumb? I for one am glad they tried to convey the intricacies of the game and I believe they did a good job of it.

I know I'll probably get flamed and up until today I wouldn't expect to but... So I'm sorry that a few of you are having issues with the game and feel disappointed with 2K's offerings but I for one will be quite content till 2007 with this game. I'll have even more fun when our league kicks off and I feel confident enough to start my franchise seriously.

Peace.
I agree 100% with what you said this was a horrible review the games has fixes like reformatting your 360. It is also the most relistic baseball game ive ever played. and i think its just as good as mvp and i loved the game i plaed that game 95% of the itme i played my ps2.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #67
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrabbit91
I agree 100% with what you said this was a horrible review the games has fixes like reformatting your 360.
OK - That is absurd.

So ... buying a $40 memory card and backing your stuff up, then reformatting your console's hard drive is OK? That's what we expect for our $60?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrabbit91
I agree 100% with what you said this was a horrible review the games has fixes like reformatting your 360. It is also the most relistic baseball game ive ever played. and i think its just as good as mvp and i loved the game i plaed that game 95% of the itme i played my ps2.
Formatting a HD is completely unnacceptable as a "fix" (expecially those that don't have a memory card to backup their data). It's not even a fix, it's a quick workaround.

For what it's worth, if caching is what causes the freezing, people will run into it the more they play. So they'll have to keep formatting every X weeks/months to clear the cache. That's the nature of cache in any operating system.

The rest is based on opinion. For some, it's tough to rate a game when you can't get through 3 innings of one.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:55 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

As much as 2K deserves all of the crap they're getting for this abomination...the finger should also be pointed at Microsoft for allowing this to get through their certification group. Sloppy.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:41 AM   #70
Pro

gallandro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Formatting a HD is completely unnacceptable as a "fix" (expecially those that don't have a memory card to backup their data). It's not even a fix, it's a quick workaround.

For what it's worth, if caching is what causes the freezing, people will run into it the more they play. So they'll have to keep formatting every X weeks/months to clear the cache. That's the nature of cache in any operating system.

The rest is based on opinion. For some, it's tough to rate a game when you can't get through 3 innings of one.
Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner! I finally gave up on MLB2K6 as of this morning... turned it in for a new PS2 and MLB 06 The Show.

And why??? Not because of freezes (only had it happen once), but rather because now, since I purchased and played MLB2K6, I cannot even get through a game of NBA2K6 (which I love). Freezes before halftime every time I play. Never had a problem with it before MLB2K6 was introduced to my 360. I called Take 2, and they told me their program could possible be causing my cache to be corrupted resulting in other problems for other games. That is totally unacceptable.

Basically Take 2 and Kush have essentially introduced a virus into my 360. Thanks a whole heck of a lot for that... Now even Elder Scrolls Oblivion, which I never had problem one with, is starting to act wonky, freezes sometimes while loading levels, or gets very chunky.

And yes I have cleared the cache on my 360... numerous times now, and the problems are only getting worse.

When I intially posted my impressions of 2K6 I gave it a 6.9. Later on I found what I thought was a permanent fix for my cache issues, and found a good set of sliders and figured the game deserved an 8.0. But after my experiences with 2K6 and the problems I'm starting to have with my 360 in the last day, I'm beginning to think a 1 from OS may have been generous.

Yancy
Old 04-21-2006, 02:49 AM   #71
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewig
As much as 2K deserves all of the crap they're getting for this abomination...the finger should also be pointed at Microsoft for allowing this to get through their certification group. Sloppy.
Agreed. Sloppy and foolish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #72
VC Web Dev

OVR: 1

The people receiving the freeze issue is actually a minority, not majority, as the article states.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »