"Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

"Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

This is a discussion on "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 08-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #57
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

What I think he is trying to say is that, once you go onto EA sports on xbox live and download the new roster, and make that your default roster, that the default roster that came with the game and the HOF guys, will no longer be default and overwrote, thereinfore, no HOF'ers will be popping up in the dynasty mode?
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 08-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #58
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I'm missing something though....

In the workaround instructions, it says that all you have to do is start with a clean roster file when starting your franchise - and everything should be fine (regular rosters, no Hall-of-famers).

OK - I get that part - but, I thought the whole point of this "feature" was that Hall-of-Famers would be added to your franchise as you unlock them with your Madden Gamer level. So - if I am in week six of my first season in franchise and my gamer level goes up (thus unlocking Sammy Baugh and Paul Warfield) - then Baugh and Warfield would be automatically added to my franchise.

My question is - how do we stop the game from adding HOFers to our franchise as our Madden Gamer Level increases?

Or - is this going to have to be what others have suggested - that we should never save our profile in franchise games?

Am I missing something obvious here? I am far less concerned with how to start a clean franchise than I am with keeping the HOFers out as my Madden Gamer Level increases.
They get added to your "default roster", not your saved Franchise/Superstar modes. Once you save a Franchise/Superstar file, that roster becomes isolated, as I understand it.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #59
#HTownTakeover

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotaeyo
does this glitch involve both 360 versions or only the hall of fame edition?
An excellent question (and I should know, I asked the very same question in the other thread on this topic )

Here's the response I recieved:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
The game discs in the two versions are the same. There's an extra disc with the bonuses in the HoF edition, and special packaging.

Hawaii Bowl Fresno State 33 Houston 27

EAT 'EM UP! EAT 'EM UP! GO COOGS GO!
Old 08-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
What I think he is trying to say is that, once you go onto EA sports on xbox live and download the new roster, and make that your default roster, that the default roster that came with the game and the HOF guys, will no longer be default and overwrote, thereinfore, no HOF'ers will be popping up in the dynasty mode?

I definitely get this point - when you are starting with a "clean" franchise. If you use the default roster or a downloaded roster update when you first start a franchise, then the HOFers will not be there.

But - my question from my previous post remains. I thought the whole point of the feature is that HOFers will be added to franchise and superstar modes as you unlock them with your Madden Gamer Level. Thus - even if you start with a "clean" franchise - HOFers would still be added every time your Gamer Level progresses and unlocks a Hall-of-Famer.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
They get added to your "default roster", not your saved Franchise/Superstar modes. Once you save a Franchise/Superstar file, that roster becomes isolated, as I understand it.
Great! This is excellent news! Thanks!

So - all we have to do is to make sure that a clean file is available somewhere - for use every time we make a new franchise.

And - this also means that if you do use HOFers in your franchise, you presumably would have to unlock them before you start your franchise.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the work around.

Is it possilbe to get an explanation for no fatigue in online play? Could somebody ask EA that question? Maybe they can send a patch.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

So we shouldn't have to download anything from XBL at all? When the game starts up, immediately go save a roster file and then start a franchise?
Old 08-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #64
Rookie

madnumber24's Arena

OVR: 1

from what it sounds like, the HOF players get added to the rosters, so if thats the case, save one roster file with the hof players, then save another with the updated/default rosters with the hof players rating all the way down.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »