Home

Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Modes!

This is a discussion on Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Modes! within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
NBA Live 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
NASCAR Heat 3 Review

Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 AM   #41
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
ok so i understand the loading information... clean file ect.. or download..

but my question is...can we even alter the "default rosters" before we save them... say if lee suggs and derrick striat were traded (suggs failed physical - didnt end up going through) for real, could i make those changes, or add free agents that are currently on teams now, that weren't when they finished the game.. and save that altered roster as my "default roster" and still be able to dodge the legends?
Yes.

Quote:
my second questions is...we save the roster, start a franshise, exit and then load a madden profile.........but...what if i want to start a new or start another franchise later....i cant? now that i have already loaded a profile? or do i have to do the whole process over again?
You'd need to back the profile up to a memory card, remove it from your Xbox's hard drive, use a "clean" roster to create the file, and then you could re-install the profile.

Quote:
sorry for all the questions, but us madden players need to fully understand what were getting into here..

THANKS
No problem, but I think folks are overanalyzing this... it'll be very clear once you have the game in your hands.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 07:21 AM   #42
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Mo

can't they just make a patch to fix the problem? also, why do they not let you edit players attributes? It makes zero sense at all. I think I'm going to have to pass on Madden, or wait to a patch is available, which will probably never happen. Why do they continually do stupid things like this? Their QA stinks.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 AM   #43
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Modes!

Is this just a 360 issue, or current gen too? And if it is a current gen problem as well, does the same fix apply?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Modes!

Seriously, is it too much to ask the Madden people to leave these stupid features out of the game or allow people to turn off the feature with a flag instead of forcing people to do work-arounds to get a game working?

This isn't a fix. A fix would be to create a patch to disable all of these features that Madden programmers 'add' to the game. I'm not sure why anyone owes EA an apology in this instance, Shawn. It's still broken IMO. Would it be too much to ask for a game where I can play a dynasty with the players in the league without adding special characters or players that are currently sitting in wheelchairs? And if that option is included, shouldn't I be allowed to turn it off with the press of a button? Cripes.

If anything, this saved me $60. Thanks, EA.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
You'd need to back the profile up to a memory card, remove it from your Xbox's hard drive, use a "clean" roster to create the file, and then you could re-install the profile.
ok now, i have the 360, that did not...come with a hard drive. I have a memory card and a transfer kit (loads files on my computer hard drive). So would i have to take my memory card out, start the game, and then once im at the menu screen, put the card back in to load my default rosters and start a franchise?

also, just to be seriously clear, no other questions (except for the fact, i would still like to know if we can edit players equimpment?) with my memory card...i can just save a default roster and thats it... so when my game loads, thats all it loads. No profile, no anything. This would allow me to always be ready to do a franchise or superstar mode? keep an updated roster? still play games? and not have to deal with legends in any aspect of the game? ....im i right or no.

thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it.

Last edited by dbshady; 08-17-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #46
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelicker
This isn't a fix. A fix would be to create a patch to disable all of these features that Madden programmers 'add' to the game. I'm not sure why anyone owes EA an apology in this instance, Shawn.
I didn't call it a fix. I called it a workaround.
Nor did I ask for anyone to apologize to EA.

If you'll recall, I'm the one who broke this because I thought it wasn't working correctly...
Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #47
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

Quote:
ok now, i have the 360, that did not...come with a hard drive. I have a memory card and a transfer kit (loads files on my computer hard drive). So would i have to take my memory card out, start the game, and then once im at the menu screen, put the card back in to load my default rosters and start a franchise?

also, just to be seriously clear, no other questions (except for the fact, i would still like to know if we can edit players equimpment?) with my memory card...i can just save a default roster and thats it... so when my game loads, thats all it loads. No profile, no anything. This would allow me to always be ready to do a franchise or superstar mode? keep an updated roster? still play games? and not have to deal with legends in any aspect of the game? ....im i right or no.

thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it.
Yes. Just don't load the profile. That's as clear as I can make it, I'm afraid.
Don't load the profile.

In my Community Day thread, I discussed editing equipment over a week ago. You can't.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Is this just a 360 issue, or current gen too? And if it is a current gen problem as well, does the same fix apply?
HOF in Madden current-gen is handled through madden cards. as long as you dont spend your points during your franchise or superstar, you shouldnt have a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »