Home

Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Modes!

This is a discussion on Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Modes! within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19
Exclamation Unlocked HOFers a Madden "Feature" - Workaround Posted For Franchise/Superstar Modes!

I've received a response directly from the Madden team regarding "unlocked" Hall of Famers appearing in Franchise/Superstar mode rosters.

Apparently, the EA representatives who told me that HOFers were not going to be added to Superstar/Franchise rosters at Community Day were "misinformed".

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players do not want to use this feature".

"
Hall of Fame players are added to the roster on boot-up and whenever you move up in Madden Gamer Level. In order to prevent these (players) from being on your Franchise team, you have the following options:

1) Save off the roster upon boot-up, and load once you are in-game and then head into Franchise mode.

2) Go online and get the latest roster and start a Franchise. This will also remove the players.
Once you have started a Franchise, these players won't show up, as the roster is saved with the Franchise."

To add to that, if you already have a saved Profile with a Madden Gamer Level high enough to unlock HOFers immediately, I'd recommend copying it to a memory card, removing it from your hard drive (if applicable), and booting the game without it so it doesn't auto-load.

You'll have the default rosters (and the ability to load customized ones from memory) and bypass the MGL/HOF functionality. Then, after the Franchise/Superstar is saved, you could load your profile normally.

The above instructions should also apply to Superstar mode as well as Franchise.

Now, seeing as how quickly everyone jumped on EA here, I'd like to point out that their response regarding a workaround took only a few business hours after I called them yesterday, informing them of this and alerting them that I would post that evening in advance.

Thanks specifically go to Michael Johnson of EA, who worked after hours last night after we spoke and coordinated this workaround so quickly today, and the Madden design team for getting back to us and responding to the community's need for information.

Last edited by sdrotar; 08-16-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "feature" - workaround posted for Franchise/Superstar modes!

Great job, Shawn.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "feature" - workaround posted for Franchise/Superstar mo

Awesome work, Shawn!

By the way, the 'This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players' part is black and doesn't show up on black backgrounds.
But we all live in denial
Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "feature" - workaround posted for Franchise/Superstar modes!

Thanks, Shawn. Sounds like a reasonable workaround.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Unlocked HOFers a Madden "feature" - workaround posted for Franchise/Superstar mo

Thank you very much for the quick post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Awesome work, Shawn!

By the way, the 'This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players' part is black and doesn't show up on black backgrounds.
Fixed... I think.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #7
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
Fixed... I think.
Now the whole sentence is black and unreadable, lol.

Maybe make it red so it shows up on all stylesheets? I dunno.
But we all live in denial
Old 08-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

Now?

Stop using the black background...

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »