Home

Madden NFL 07 Screenshots (Wii)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 07 Screenshots (Wii) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #17
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 07 Screenshots (Wii)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
It's more powerful than the Cube.

Nintendo never said they were competing with the PS3 or 360 in terms of visuals.

Yes, we are all aware that Nintendo is not competing with Sony or Microsoft, but I read an article recently where Myiamoto or whatever the head Nintendo guy's name is said that the Wii was nothing more than a Gamecube with a cool controller and networking capabilities. Based on the screenshots of the games I have seen, I tend to believe that.

Maybe it does have more power than the Gamecube, but if it does, they are certainly not using it with their launch titles.

I was merely pointing out that the screenshots in question are probably not Wii screenshots since everyone that I know that's seen Madden in person says that it looks exactly like the Xbox and PS2 version.

Edit: Here's a link to the article that I was talking about:

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2006/10/05/miy..._is_basic.html

Last edited by Badgun; 10-23-2006 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added link to supporting article
Old 10-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 07 Screenshots (Wii)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Yes, we are all aware that Nintendo is not competing with Sony or Microsoft, but I read an article recently where Myiamoto or whatever the head Nintendo guy's name is said that the Wii was nothing more than a Gamecube with a cool controller and networking capabilities. Based on the screenshots of the games I have seen, I tend to believe that.

Maybe it does have more power than the Gamecube, but if it does, they are certainly not using it with their launch titles.

I was merely pointing out that the screenshots in question are probably not Wii screenshots since everyone that I know that's seen Madden in person says that it looks exactly like the Xbox and PS2 version.

Edit: Here's a link to the article that I was talking about:

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2006/10/05/miy..._is_basic.html
LOL,

"IGN Wii: Let's talk about graphics. Right or wrong, Madden for Wii is undoubtedly going to be compared to the GameCube build. Meanwhile, we've been playing a lot of the 360 version. In terms of visuals, where does the Wii incarnation fit in?
Jason Armenise: We get the graphics question all the time. Every time we talk about the game we get the graphics question. A lot of people - even passionate Nintendo fans - are kind of dismissing the graphics, saying, "We know it's going to be third, yadda, yadda, yadda." We didn't take that attitude. Right from the beginning, we said, "You know what? We need to make this game look better than Xbox at the very minimum. And if possible, we need to challenge the Xbox 360 version." That was our goal from the first day.

So we've done a whole host of things that put the game far in advance of the GameCube and we think better than the Xbox. And in some cases, we're challenging the Xbox 360 on graphics. First of all, the game is HD compliant. You can play 480p and 16:9 widescreen. That means everybody who has a HDTV can play the game with their component outputs and play in 480p and 16:9 widescreen while running at 60 frames per second, which is awesome. Additionally we've upped the texture quality on players. Textures are a higher quality. In many cases, they are higher than the Xbox version. We've added a whole host of features like depth of field. We've added a feature we call cinematic lens effect, which is like when you look through an actual television camera and straight lines get a little bit bowed in real life. We've increased the shadows. The shadows are better. We have something called contact shadows so that if two players get close to each other you'll see the shadow of one bleed onto the shadow of another. We've increased the grass. Our grass looks like it has more depth to it. It looks more lush than GameCube. It's definitely a much better looking game than on GameCube and we think that it really is challenging Xbox 360 in some places."

Im not going to argue graphics because obviously the 360 and PS3 are better but this system is MORE POWERFUL THEN THE GAMECUBE AND XBOX these r just launch games 2nd gen games ALWAYS look better........but, I would be more then happy with Resident evil 4 graphics anyday.....lol

1st post.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »