Home

Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D Review (PS2)

This is a discussion on Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D Review (PS2) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D Review (PS2)

We have just posted our Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"I’ll never forget my first experience with paintball. Not the first time I had seen it; that would be in the highly underrated 1985 movie Gotcha!. Not even the first time I had shot a paintball gun. My little brother and I bought $70 K-Mart specials and use to shoot trees and targets in the woods near our house. This was my first experience of shooting at people (with paint!) and them shooting back. And it’s one I won’t soon forget.

I was working midnights at a heat-treating factory while going to college full-time and a group of about 20 of decided to give paintball a whirl. We went to this building in Downtown Detroit that looked like a scene straight out of Robocop. It’s was called Splatball City and it was on multiple floors of an old industrial building of some kind. After we got geared up (and sufficiently liquored up) we sat through the instruction being provided by the field marshall. Even before we stepped onto the field, I was starting to understand the strategy involved in the game. It wasn’t a simple shoot ‘em up. It was about outsmarting the other team. It was about thinking two moves ahead. It was war.

I was psyched. I was ready to be a soldier. My mind was in the game. I was ready to dominate. He let us out onto the field for our first round with one last instruction, “Finally, please do not shoot your guns out any of the open or broken windows, our neighbors will shoot back, and it won’t be paint.”

Sobering."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D Review (PS2)

Good read, seems like it'd be a fun game.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »