Home

New Operation Sports Redesign Coming, Need Your Help

This is a discussion on New Operation Sports Redesign Coming, Need Your Help within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 01-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: New Operation Sports Redesign Coming, Need Your Help

I haven't read all of the posts on this topic but please get rid of the way everything goes throught the fourms... I like the idea in theory but when you go to the main site and you have to go through the forums to get to an article or screenshots is a hassle. When I see "new NCAA screen shots" and I click on the link, I don't want to go to another site with a breif descrition of what I already assumed would be there and follow a like there to get to what I wanted to see. Just send me right from :new NCAA screenshots" to the screenshots.

I like the color scheme and the fourms are great, I just don't like how stuff from the main site goes through them. Great site, thats why I've been coming here for so long. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #26

DaveDQ's Arena

OVR: 34

I'd like to see a more solid branding of OS. A new logo, maybe even a contest to those who are graphic designers to create a new OS logo would be great.

I don't like the idea of many blogs. Maybe a couple of Blogs from long time OSers.

Most importantly is to have an organized and relevant source of information that is properly presented to visitors. The style and design of the site will play an important role in that, so I'd say avoid trying to look like another site, and be conservative in the change.

And by all means, back up everything!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #27
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

When did OS get a main page?

I would like to see developer blogs.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fewer affiliate ads. OS has the traffic to solicit decent ads --- not the same annoying crappy affiliate ads I see on every other small-time site on the net. OS has way more credentials than to settle for penny profits.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #29
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Want to get rid of the "crappy affiliate ads"? Donate.. everyone donate...
Old 01-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Guys, keep in mind that this re-design is for the main site. I know there are some that had no idea there was a "main" page to OS, but the forums aren't part of this re-design.

Go to http://www.operationsports.com, take a look at it, and post some things you'd like to see incorporated on our main page.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #31
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

I had posted in Steve's Forum where he posted the question that I'd like to see a completely customizable front page with modules that you can pick and choose a la MyEspn.

It'd be nice to be able to pick and choose modules such as certain forums a user visits most frequently with a couple of the newest posts and/or topics displayed.

A user could also choose what type of game reviews he/she wants to display (whether it be baseball, football, racing, etc.).

There are numerous ideas for modules the site could incorporate beyond what I've already posted such as:
  • Staff Blogs
  • Flash montages of some of the latest screen shots for upcoming games
  • Realtime sports scoreboard/news applet
  • Latest reviews with a staff score and an OS users score (Gamespot)
  • A customizable module for users favorite links

I'm sure there are other module ideas that other OSers could come up with.

My guess is that the forums get most of the traffic (I know my bookmark is linked directly there) and it'd be better for the site to have visitors start at the main page and begin browsing from there. Being able to completely customize the front page to a users own liking would help accomplish that in my opinion.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #32
EZ-E

Hassan Darkside's Arena

You could possible add some kind of sports score ticker since this is a sports site.

But into some details...

In the middle of the main page where the "New At Operation Sports" table is, you have the text and links right there. That's good and all, but the problem is that some of them go over one line long and it clutters them up. It would be nice to have some sort of table or something that separates the links. Also you could use a smaller font size.

Next instead of having (PS2), (Wii), (360), etc, use little icons of the logo or of the system.

And the main problem with the front page is you have a perfect spot to have images or some flash or something and instead you have a big ad right there. You should move that ad somewhere else and have screens of the "New at OS" games right there rather than the big stupid ad.

I also think you could incorporate pictures in the "Reviews, Previews..." columns.

It would also be nice to change the color scheme a bit too. I like the colors right now but you could add a more vibrant blue or red or something. Right now when you mouse over links, the text changes to red which doesn't really go with any of the other colors.

But most importantly, you need more pictures and graphics on the front page.

Joe Budden
Some days I feel like Draymond when he got tripped up
I ought to go nuts
Rapsody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »