Home

Pre-Game Report: NBA 2K8

This is a discussion on Pre-Game Report: NBA 2K8 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pre-Game Report: NBA 2K8

We have just posted our NBA 2K8 pre-game report, a new feature we are implementing here at Operation Sports. Let us know what you think.
"After spending some time with the NBA 2K8 demo this week, I can’t help but be impressed with the small sample we got of this title. While the demo only allows for two four minutes quarters with no play-by-play, fatigue, play calling or significant feature set available, it left me spellbound by the little things that have made this series great and look to take this year’s version to the next level. With NBA Live set to make a big push this season to reclaim the basketball crown, the team at 2K and VC has pulled out all the stops to truly replicate the NBA experience.

Let’s take a look at our “Keys to the Game” from the NBA 2K8 demo which is currently available on the Xbox Live Marketplace."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pre-Game Report: NBA 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted our NBA 2K8 pre-game report, a new feature we are implementing here at Operation Sports. Let us know what you think.
"After spending some time with the NBA 2K8 demo this week, I can’t help but be impressed with the small sample we got of this title. While the demo only allows for two four minutes quarters with no play-by-play, fatigue, play calling or significant feature set available, it left me spellbound by the little things that have made this series great and look to take this year’s version to the next level. With NBA Live set to make a big push this season to reclaim the basketball crown, the team at 2K and VC has pulled out all the stops to truly replicate the NBA experience.

Let’s take a look at our “Keys to the Game” from the NBA 2K8 demo which is currently available on the Xbox Live Marketplace."
Kinda like a pre-review. Nice.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellent
Kinda like a pre-review. Nice.
These days we call them "previews".
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I have to disagree with the graphics take, but everything else was on target imo. The white players especially look much more improved than previous installments.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
Rookie

BESmith123's Arena

OVR: 1

graphics are much better than 2k7. put 2k7 back in and it looks way more cartoony.. Flesh tones are better

and lots of little animations, I was caught off guard when a player ran into a ref and there was even an animation of the player holding the ref trying to dodge him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 01:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

cool read keep it up.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Nice stuff ! very good read. I also disagree with the graphics. can't wait for the os review!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »