Home

The Impact of a One Company Show

This is a discussion on The Impact of a One Company Show within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Impact of a One Company Show

Operation Sports' Dave Branda wrote an article, The Impact of a One Company Show, discussing the potential impact of an EA/Take Two Merger in the sports gaming universe.
"Over the weekend Electronic Arts announced they are indeed trying to acquire Take-Two, and with it the 2K Sports line of games.

Right now EA Sports is tight lipped about any plans for the 2K Sports brand when/if Take-Two’s shareholders agree to be acquired (and you have to think it’s only a matter of time and money). But right now, what happens after the possible acquisition is purely speculation."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19
Good read.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
whats going to happen to baseball. i dont even care anymore about the other sports games. just give me baseball
Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: The Impact of a One Company Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
whats going to happen to baseball. i dont even care anymore about the other sports games. just give me baseball
Hopefully it means the return of MVP.

I'd gladly sacrifice NBA2k for MVP.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
"I’m sure I don’t have to tell you such a move would be very bad for sports gamers. Aside from no longer having a choice what hockey, basketball or football title you want to buy, EA has time and again proved they’ll produce less than stellar games if they aren’t pushed by another company."

I'm not trying to bash anybody on here, but it seems like everyone is almost unanimously coming to the conclusion that this merger will bring everything down to hell out of loyalties to 2K. I favor 2K games cause they seem to run better than EA Sports at the moment, but why do most people feel EA will simply abolish the competition rather than bring them on board to make a better game?

Sorry if I'm a noob, but isn't Peter Moore joining the EA Sports team pretty new? Do people not think he will change the customer satisfaction standard? I'm not too familiar with how he handled things at Microsoft. Someone please shed some light for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 08:04 AM   #6
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

read this

http://seekingalpha.com/article/6611...source=reuters
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
Sorry if I'm a noob, but isn't Peter Moore joining the EA Sports team pretty new? Do people not think he will change the customer satisfaction standard?
Since EA is a publicly traded corporation, like all publicly traded corps, pleasing customers is not the number one priority. Their priority is to maximize shareholders' value. If EA Sports does establish a monopoly on all major sports league, they will make the profits necessary to please shareholders, while subjugating us sportsgamers with no alternative to their likely-to-be uninspiring products. As long as profits are being made, the brass at EA are not at all concerned with how we gamers think. The only way we can speak up is to hurt their sales by boycotting.

I hope that I'm all wrong with this and EA does leverage talents to be obtained from 2K Sports to develop the most inspiring NFL, NBA, and MLB games.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Hopefully it means the return of MVP.

I'd gladly sacrifice NBA2k for MVP.
I'm on the fence on that one (as far as NBA2K for MVP) but damn MVP was / is great.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »