Home

Where Are They Now? Features That Are MIA

This is a discussion on Where Are They Now? Features That Are MIA within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Where Are They Now? Features That Are MIA

Hey! Where is Create-a-Team this year? Where did my decibel meter go? These questions are probably some you have asked if you are a long-time sports gamer who has played a series for more than 5 years. Operation Sports' Patrick Williams takes us through the phenomenon of developers adding and subtracting features as they please and he also tries to offer up some answers for us poor souls.

Quote:
"Time and time again I read our forums here at Operation Sports and MaddenMania and I hear complaints or questions regarding the whereabouts of features or functions from past games in a series.

These are things that for seemingly no reason, disappear into thin air. Then sometimes, they magically return a few years later in our favorite sports games."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
I am one that thinks that the 360 version of NCAA is about 4 years away from having all the features that we had on the PS2 in 2004. At this rate when the Xbox 720 comes out or the PS4, we won't even have commentary or stadiums. It will be back to intellivision football, you'll just see the field and the players, but the players will probably look real nice until you realize how out of proportion they are. The linemen on the 360 look like fancy refrigerator boxes with bowling balls on top of their heads. Its sad.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Great article. This is part of the reason why I am doing a NHL 2004 dynasty. After a goal is scored you get a close-up of the goal scorer that indicates how many goals, assists and points he has on the year. You get broken glass and hats for hat-tricks. You get various franchise options like setting ticket prices for regular season and playoffs. You get GM points for trades that you can use to improve a gym or transportation that affects player attributes. Why they take all this stuff out is mindboggling.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11
I couldn't said it any better.! Great article. I hope EA and others read this. But I know they could care less of what we think.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Yep, great points. There certainly is a sinking feeling when you have a new game, you are excited checking out all the new stuff, and then all of a sudden you realize..."Uh-oh, they don't have xyz anymore?"

On related note, when NFL 2K4 came out with weekly and end of game hightlights, I figured "This will now be a staple of all sports games"....guess I was wrong about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
great article. sums it all up imo.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Great read! This is why I haven't touched Madden in a long time.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Where Are They Now? Features That Are MIA

Great article.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »