Home

EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

This is a discussion on EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
what also could happen is that EA doesn't fold 2k. now befor you say you are crazy ea would never do that just read my argument. if ea folds 2k many gamer could possibly get upset. and as a result sale might be hurt. if on the other hand if 2k isn't that won't happen but instead a might over two flavours of sports games one for people who like the tradional EA style game and one for those like me who have grown to resent EA(even though i like some of their games) we might even see a return of the NFL in this sencario.

but in all likely hood EA will fold 2K and i hope that sony will add the former 2k staff to their sportsline.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonW
what also could happen is that EA doesn't fold 2k. now befor you say you are crazy ea would never do that just read my argument. if ea folds 2k many gamer could possibly get upset. and as a result sale might be hurt. if on the other hand if 2k isn't that won't happen but instead a might over two flavours of sports games one for people who like the tradional EA style game and one for those like me who have grown to resent EA(even though i like some of their games) we might even see a return of the NFL in this sencario.

but in all likely hood EA will fold 2K and i hope that sony will add the former 2k staff to their sportsline.
You may not want to hear it but is crazy. It makes no sense for EA to make two competing games, pay for two different development teams, and market two games for the same sport. There are already 2k fans who are willing to buy EA games because they feel like they need to have a new game, EA would buy Take Two and absorb some of the 2k people and kill the company.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonW

UUUhhhh......Come again....?
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
@jmood88

i don't agree with you that it would make no sense. it would make sense if EA thinks they would gain more profit by having two sports games instead of one. but i guess agree with you that EA would in all likely hood absorb 2k, i just hope that sony will continue their sport franchises.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
2K football, hockey and baseball will cease to exsist. That leaves the NBA2K team; with Live clearly an inferior product, EA's action on this will speak volumes as to their commitment to sports games.
Personely, I think the NBA2K team will be disolved as well, with no comp. for their own Live brand, why brother improving? Its EA or nothing for consumers. Hopefully in a year or 2 Sony, MS or maybe even activision will pick up the ball.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

I think EA WOULD profit from putting out variations of the same sport. If they absorb 2K and discontinue all 2K sports titles, many would refrain from purchasing b/c of limited choices. If they put out a variety (i.e. Madden, Arena football, Head coach) of games, they can sell to gamers that have a variety of tastes. Keep in mind that Corporations have been known to form subsidiaries and put out a competing product so that if you don't like product A then buy product B - yet all in all the Corp still profits either way. I believe that since 2K has a large following, it might be advantageous to keep the 2K games and its gamers as well. Its a win win strategy.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
bottom line for the old gamers like myself and others who like choose.well it,s coming to an end if and are when it happens my gaming days may be over !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #16
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
I think EA WOULD profit from putting out variations of the same sport. If they absorb 2K and discontinue all 2K sports titles, many would refrain from purchasing b/c of limited choices. If they put out a variety (i.e. Madden, Arena football, Head coach) of games, they can sell to gamers that have a variety of tastes. Keep in mind that Corporations have been known to form subsidiaries and put out a competing product so that if you don't like product A then buy product B - yet all in all the Corp still profits either way. I believe that since 2K has a large following, it might be advantageous to keep the 2K games and its gamers as well. Its a win win strategy.
You do realize that they actually have to pay the 2k people, right? EA has been trying to be the only name out there for awhile, which is why they keep buying exclusive licenses for everything. They aren't going to buy 2k so that they could just continue making their games by themselves, people have shown that they will waste their money on a Madden game even if they think that it's not that great just so that they can play a new NFL game. EA doesn't need to put 2k games out if they buy Take Two.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »