Home

EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

This is a discussion on EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:17 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I am not so much concerned about APF, because it wasn't that great. What does concern me is the NBA 2k franchise will most likely be dissolved.
Yeah, the best football gameplay of all time wasnt that great. lol

It would totally suck though if all peeps had was live also. Going from such a good game to well, i dont have to answer that. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6
Wow I hope this happens, how awesome would it be to have MVP baseball back!! It's never a bad thing to have two great baseball titles instead of just one that we have now (The Show). Good riddance 2k, put them out of their misery for good!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 12
Thumbs down Re: EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB82
Wow I hope this happens, how awesome would it be to have MVP baseball back!! It's never a bad thing to have two great baseball titles instead of just one that we have now (The Show). Good riddance 2k, put them out of their misery for good!
You are incredibly short sighted and naive if you really think 2K getting bought out can be a good thing whether MVP baseball comes back out or not.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Ha! My thoughts exactly...nice one, jmood. What's the over-under on how many people try to make that "point"? 100? 250?
..good business move....

so what??? Corporations have time and time again made "good business moves" which ultimately f*** alot of other things up i.e. the environment, people's jobs and lives when companies go overseas, etc. Tell Detroit and Youngstown Ohio good business move, when many of the Corporations left, leaving those cities impoverished. There's alot of other examples to go around, but to simply say good business move is imo short sighted. So EA gets to expand some more.... how greedy do they want to be?? They will make their $$$ regardless of whether they take over 2K but now they want more!!! I find that many times these "good business moves" are just a reflection of excessive greed w/o regard of what happens to others. Sometimes a move like may be necessary, many times it is not as in this case.

So, good business move for EA, sure, but what does that really mean??
Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #29
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
..good business move....

so what??? Corporations have time and time again made "good business moves" which ultimately f*** alot of other things up i.e. the environment, people's jobs and lives when companies go overseas, etc. Tell Detroit and Youngstown Ohio good business move, when many of the Corporations left, leaving those cities impoverished. There's alot of other examples to go around, but to simply say good business move is imo short sighted. So EA gets to expand some more.... how greedy do they want to be?? They will make their $$$ regardless of whether they take over 2K but now they want more!!! I find that many times these "good business moves" are just a reflection of excessive greed w/o regard of what happens to others. Sometimes a move like may be necessary, many times it is not as in this case.

So, good business move for EA, sure, but what does that really mean??
It was a joke. Everytime this topic comes up people talk about how great of a business move it is buying everything up.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Well at least the College 2K series went out with a bang, I doubt ill ever need another basketball game. Now if only there was a way to keep the 2K share going without 2K being around anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »