Home

Key Enhancements Beyond Gameplay

This is a discussion on Key Enhancements Beyond Gameplay within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Key Enhancements Beyond Gameplay

Operation Sports' James Linden has written an article detailing key enhancements that should be made to games beyond the gameplay to make them that much better. Check out his suggestions here.

Quote:
"I think a lot of people would agree that while a new player animation here and there is cool, what’s going on around the game is what can really add some realism to video sports games. Remember the first time you were able to customize your own TD, or even better, when 2K sports allowed you to pump in your own music during the football game (come on EA, that was a cool feature no longer offered!!). "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
a variety of P.A. announcers in different stadiums would be nice
Old 05-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
I would like to see a little more disparity in the stadiums of Madden. Last years was a little to similar for my taste. I would also like to see the body sizes in MLB The Show to be a bit more weighty, especially around the arms.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Good ideas. But the "scars" or buckeyes as you call it on players helmets acculating during the season is already there. Its been there a few years now. By the end of my last season Laurinitis' (Ohio St. LB) helmet was totally covered.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
Rookie

KISSfreak's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Key Enhancements Beyond Gameplay

How about some shots of the head coach or other coaches during timeouts or after a big play or a bad play or something!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Key Enhancements Beyond Gameplay

All the ideas are great and there are many more out there; however, I think the biggest issue facing developers is still the time constraints of having to put out a game year after year. It will take a lot of time get the best sports game ever because of the time issue. If a developer pulled a GTA-like move and spent a few years making a sports title, it would be fantastic; however, there will still be room for improvement.

All-in-all, I believe that the developers are headed in the right direction, but time is not on their side.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31
I agree about the crowds....but everything seems superfluous.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »