Home

Sounds Like a Plan, Ideas for Better Audio

This is a discussion on Sounds Like a Plan, Ideas for Better Audio within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sounds Like a Plan, Ideas for Better Audio

In his Operation Sports writing debut, Ryan Spencer takes a look at an often overlooked aspect of sports video games, the audio. Check out his article here.

Quote:
"Attending a sporting event in person—or even watching one on television—is a spectacular aural experience. Sometimes, the crunch of a bone-crushing hit or the thundering roar of the crowd after a big play is more memorable than the play itself. In the world of sports videogames, advances in technologies have allowed incredible progress in terms of providing stunningly realistic visuals. Audio, for some reason, has seemingly been left behind. From shoddy announcing to lifeless crowd noise, sound in sports games almost seems like an afterthought."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
Article is right on....I really want to see in madden as you said if your in arrow head imagine not even hearing your QB call out the signals, like he is totally drowned out that would be hot, and give a few more offside calls on the tackles because they cant hear, and as for baseball yah i know i play yankees and red soxs on 2k8 and the crowd treats melky the same way they treat a-rod and we all know that isnt true...lol around should be booed out of Mass. it would be a good start for the 2k series and EA to put some of those things in 989 seem to really take their time with stuff from what i read about "the show" lets see it would be cool what i would like to see is in maddens past the stadium full at the beginning and then your getting your tail whooped and you look in the stands and half the stadium is gone LOL!! now that would be a great effect
Old 05-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #3
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
I hope they got rid of the Cannon sound on long bombs in Madden 09.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Pure gold. Music to my ears.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/248212-player-specific-crowd-reaction-project-everyone-needs-pitch.html
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »