Home

66 Years Old and Still Gaming Strong

This is a discussion on 66 Years Old and Still Gaming Strong within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 66 Years Old and Still Gaming Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poundtherock
Thanks for the kind words, Chris and Steve. Hope that it will help many to continue gaming in their "elderly" years.
I went and backtracked and looked through your posting history @ MM. I could not find the thread where you actually posted proof of age. I found later related threads, but not the actual thread.

There was a thread where you posted a link, but it did not lead to the thread, I'd love to see it.

BTW, give my best to Mrs PTR, I see she is about 20 years younger! You go man!

Last edited by Boltman; 06-11-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Good to see! I'm 38 and have been gaming since the mid 70's when my dad brought home some contraption that put these little white lights on our TV screen that we could control. It's amazing how far things have come since, and I can't wait to see where it goes. I certainly plan on being a senior citizen gamer...my place in the old folks home is gonna be the place to be!

Good story Poundtherock!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #11
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Great story. Going against the grain is usually a good thing and poundtherock is doing just that. Don't let your age determine what you are supposed to do with your free time. If you have fun playing video games (like us), have fun playing video games. If you like gardening or working on cars, do that too. Whatever your hobby may be, have fun doing it. You'll age much slower that way.

I am only 32, so I am not even half of this man's age, but I love video games now just as much as I did when I was a teenager.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
MaddenMania's elder statesman, and deserving of the recognition.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6
I'm 48 and I too enjoy all gaming despite being told "aren't you too old for those games?" I will continue to play "4Life" no matter what anyone says. Game on PTR, I only hope I can have a similar story if I am lucky enough to live to see your age and beyond! Can't wait for Madden 09 and will love to play you online sometime, gamertag is BigRick47(turned 48 this year). Game on people!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4
# 2 daflyboys, # 5 computerlover, # 6 grunt, # 7 jeetaa6, # 8 Boltman, # 9 Bahnzo, # 10 J-Unit40, # 11 adembroski and # 12 BigRick47; all your support is very much appreciated.

Your FRs, as requested [BigRick47], will be added. my list is about full but with 2.40 firmware near, that list will be increased to 100!

You guys are great. And Chris has made OS an additional home, a melding of the pots, inevitable!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great story, Chris! And I'm sure PTR and I will be able to get a few games in online again this year. Looking forward to it. Whatever keeps you young, do it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24
PTR is the first guy at MM that's ever made me feel young.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »