Home

Justifying a Fantasy Draft

This is a discussion on Justifying a Fantasy Draft within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Justifying a Fantasy Draft

Caley Roark checks in today with a look at how "sim-heads" could ever possibly justify using a fantasy draft option in their franchises. Check out his article, Justifying a Fantasy Draft.
Quote:
"Are these two desires mutually exclusive? I doubt a real life team could financially -- or mentally -- afford both T.O. and Chad Johnson, so drafting those two isn't exactly “sim.” Yet, if you are trying to put together a deep-threat passing team, those two might be tops on your list -- in both fantasy and video game leagues. Well here's how some virtual GMs satisfy both sides of this tricky coin.
"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
“Alternate history” ... I have been doing something called the ISAIAHVERSE (my Name is Isaiah) since 2003 ... When I purchased NBA Live 2004 I controlled as many teams as I could (Can't remeber the total) played out the season & playoffs ... Made my own Mock Draft with the Draft Order that Live 04 came up with ... Most of the Off-Season Moves / Retirements the real Life NBA made I Followed suit ... And when I purchased NBA Live 05 I remade My Roster to Continue where My Live 04 left off. So My ISAIAHVERSE Roster for NBA 2K8 (I left LIVE when The Next-Gen came out) is a little off. Noteables- The Pistons Drafted Melo ... Chris Paul in ATL ... G Hill a Spur ... and NO Bike Accident for my Man Jay Williams ( I hate having to create him every year)

Buttons
Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons0662
“Alternate history” ... I have been doing something called the ISAIAHVERSE (my Name is Isaiah) since 2003 ... When I purchased NBA Live 2004 I controlled as many teams as I could (Can't remeber the total) played out the season & playoffs ... Made my own Mock Draft with the Draft Order that Live 04 came up with ... Most of the Off-Season Moves / Retirements the real Life NBA made I Followed suit ... And when I purchased NBA Live 05 I remade My Roster to Continue where My Live 04 left off. So My ISAIAHVERSE Roster for NBA 2K8 (I left LIVE when The Next-Gen came out) is a little off. Noteables- The Pistons Drafted Melo ... Chris Paul in ATL ... G Hill a Spur ... and NO Bike Accident for my Man Jay Williams ( I hate having to create him every year)

Buttons
That's pretty cool buttons. It's like you've got your own alternate universe. Tell me... is Pierce still with the C's in your so called "ISAIAHVERSE"?
Old 06-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10
Stricly offline...

I don't think too much about my Franchise fantasy draft rationale. Even though Dallas is my favorite team, I simply choose a team who has cool uniform colors OR a team that plays in the snow....maybe GB, Steelers, Patriots, Giants, Bills. Once I choose my team, I typically will choose my QB or RB when it's my turn in the first round. I may draft my first 10 picks, or I may only draft my top 4 and let the CPU fly through the rest of the draft. I then go check to see who I ended up with and live with the results.

The next time I begin a Franchise, I'll choose a different team and let the CPU auto pick the entire draft, including every one of my picks. Then I try to make moves through the year to improve my team (that's when Franchise wasn't broken, though). I really hope Franchise is fixed this year.

I'm not that much of a "stats must be realistic" guy. I just enjoy throwing all the players into a pool and seeing who I get, and then improving the team the best I can.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
The expansion draft in ASB 2005 is one of the best features I've ever seen in a sports game ... maybe even video game in general. While the game itself was "OK" at best ... the ability to not only create your own expansion team, but to also play along with that team cooperatively with a friend was the most fun I can recall ever happen playing a baseball video game. Long live me and my best bud's expansion creation ... The Brooklyn Ruff Puppies.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »