Home

Turning a Digital Passion into a Real Love

This is a discussion on Turning a Digital Passion into a Real Love within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Turning a Digital Passion into a Real Love

Have you ever played a digital representation of a sport you had no idea about what you were doing? Operation Sports' Carlos Hernandez has, and he wants to share his experiences with playing a digital sport without knowing the rules to the real game. Check out his article, Turning a Digital Passion into a Real Love.

Quote:
"Despite all that, somehow many of us have a deep appreciation for a sport we may never consider out favorite. But, due to a great sports game emulating the likeness, intensity, and enjoyment of this particular sport, we have grown fond of it. For me, that sport is hockey. And all it took was the SNES version of NHL '94 by EA Sports. Before I opened the cardboard box holding my SNES cartridge I knew very little about the sport of hockey. My understanding of hockey was extremely limited and my skill at the game was non-existent."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
most recently for me was FIFA 07. I started playing the game, got hooked on it and decided to start following soccer - in particular the premiership.

It's funny how video games can mimick real life. In my manager mode last winter I made a move and picked up Fernando Torres. Ended up watching him in some games as a result and he became my favorite non-Liverpool player. Then they picked up him last summer and I had to find a new favorite non-Liverpool player.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »