Home

You Want Some Cheese With That?

This is a discussion on You Want Some Cheese With That? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
All cheezers must DIE !! .....IMO

I'm 42 yrs. old and I love playing games online and especially where I'm getting to old to play most real sports other than softball

It's unbelievable !! I play NCAA 09 with a buddy of mine and we play it like a real college football game should be played and when this is done you really have a FUN !! and great game of college football with NCAA 09

However when you get on and start playing strangers / cheeezers who exploit any and all exploits that can be used in this game.....it does not even seem like it's the same game that I play with my buddy and not nearly as fun either.

Biggest exploit !! I have noticed in all football games over the years is by getting away with calling and playing your offensive plays in a hurry up quick style with hurry up play calling and / or rushing to the line and hiking the ball right away while the defense is not yet set or having a chance to look at it's players matchups.

They really need to find away to deter this type of hurry up style of play and I think the ONLY !! way you can really do this that makes sense is to increase the fatigue factor a even more to the players that are playing offense when they are using this style of offense.......Then you will see things like offensive lines breaking down with bad blocks and false starts, more drops, more fumbles by RB's & WR's, QB's accuracy going down...ect. ect.

Would also be nice to...IF the further your QB drops back behind the Line of scrimmage the more his accuracy goes down....This makes total sense and would take care of these idiots / cheeeezers who get away with dropping 15 to 30 yrds behind the line of scrimmage and able to complete a pass on a dime without a problem.

Just my 2 cents !!

Maddcatt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1
Some things can be seen as cheese to the average gamer but advanced gamers consider it part of the game and know ways to counter it. I know madden players who put together the best nanos and quick passes they can. To me it is cheese. I know some because I've competed with them and had to drop to their level of standards. Nba 2k8 some people attempt to steal every single pass and it just takes the fun out of the game. Other people just pass to every cutter going to the hole. Between madden and 2k8, there need to be something done about high passing LOL. They are exploiting the game. In sports games now I mostly just play offline or find sim style leagues.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
Online gaming brings an unknown element. In Sports games, like Madden, you never see guys pick up 'regular' teams, so when facing the Colts or the Pats, its already a chore, on both sides of the ball, add to that , this user is calling the same two plays over and over, do these guys realize that its a 45-50 min session? How can you call the same 3 plays for an hour? how many times do I have to face some guy with Dual HB, calling FB dive? Or Brady in 5 Wide for an entire game? I think the these kind of guys play online to MAKE YOU QUIT, THEY DON'T PLAY COMPETE. They want to have you cursing in your living room, and quit so they can play the cpu and rank up. If you call Quarter DB Strike all game, How's that a simulation of football. And thats the problem. Too many gamers play online UNPREPARED AND RESORT TO THE SAME PLAYS THEY BEEN BEATEN WITH. There's no originality anymore. People specifically post questions online asking for Nano blitzes, Double WR Screen. I rarely see posts wanting to get a better understanding of down and distance. Another problem with cheesery is the 'run to no.1' How can you chumps claim you're the best when you use a NO.1 team? In NCAA right now, you see people boast they are the best and they use pure top 5 teams. Where's the integrity? I have used the Jets almost exclusively online since Madden 05, and they haven't been near the best team to use, yet my opposing user always seem to need a team rated 10-15 points higher than my team, and they scroll thru the teams looking for just the most UNEVEN match they can put together. No class. Or the quick switch, they stand on the team right before the pats, and when you press start on your regular team, they switch to pats and press start. Now you have to either quit or get your brains beat in. Whats up with you MEN and BOYS? Not too many girls playing Madden or are you all girls? You are better off getting to know a guy on GTA4 or COD4 and then play him in Madden, Instead of quick match or lobby challenges. BIggest madden Cheese is still Randy Moss, followed by the Mobile QB, and third is Nickel under smoke, that play should be banned.
Smoke I agree with you 100% and couldn't have said it any better. I've had my far share of cheesery this year in 09..matter of fact honestly more than 75% of my games have been that way. Would have been more but a couple I played with my buddies. Its always going to be prelevant in online gaming, people will do anything to win.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #28
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Blame the companies for making these games cheese-able. Thats who I blame. I can't blame people for doing whatever it takes to win.

I hate cheesers and will always hate them, but it isn't about me
Old 08-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #29
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: You Want Some Cheese With That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I hate cheesers and will always hate them, but it isn't about me
Whoa, whoa my friend. Hate is such a strong word man. Would He approve of you hating somebody just because they cheat on a video game?

So lets rephrase that: You will always dislike the times when people play a game unfairly.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 08-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1
im suprised no one has mentioned cheesing in hockey yet :S i mean it has gotten harder with the new nhl installments but i mean u can usually spot a n00b in hockey when their only means of offence is skating wide down the boards and passing in front of the net for a one timer. :S
Old 08-04-2008, 02:33 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: You Want Some Cheese With That?

Cheesing in soccer games:

On offense, the only 'plays' they use are ground passing and cut-backs. No use of long passes or even crosses, even when they have a comfortable lead.

In defense, they have their thumb on the "call second defender" button throughout the match. EA should disable this button for online games IMO, or at least tone its effect down significantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #32
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9
When I first read this title I thought you were calling out all the winers on this board.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »