Home

Video Game Football Stinks, and No One Seems to Notice

This is a discussion on Video Game Football Stinks, and No One Seems to Notice within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 34
Well, Soccer hardly "sucks"..it just isnt a part of American Sports Culture, and that is that. Nothing will ever change that..ever.

I'm glad to see Im not the only one who thought "wait, didnt this site give NCAA a 8.7 2 weeks ago??"
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 6
soccer/football both suck IMO but the games are fun. The sport it self is to slow and theres only like 10 minutes of playing time the whole 4 quarters.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #51
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8
2 things that can fix defense-Line and Linebacker Gap control with different fronts within the 4-3 and 3-4. That way everyone has a responsibility and its not just like... okay... get set... now tackle the guy with the ball.

The second things that I believe will fix this is that they need to up the awareness of Defensive guys just a tad. I know they cant make them that smart and in tune with whats going on becuz people would complain about not getting much offense. What they should do is increase awareness all the way around. Defense needs to react to the ball all the way around. Have tendency ratings that determine whether or not a defender is likely to try for a jarring hit or if he would rather go for the ball. On offense we already have a Catch in traffic and spectacular catch rating so lets do something on defense to off set that more than just having a hit stick.

One more thing for defense. If a guy is running the same play over and over again.. especially in the same type of situations, make the defense more likely to catch on. If Im a corner and my man runs 15 yard outs more than 50% of the time, Im gonna start jumping that route.

Oh yeah... add two types of cover 2 zones. Hard and soft. Hard cover 2 the corners jam and play strongly in the flats. In a soft cover two they back pedal off the line and they'll play anywhere from 7-15 yards deep just to keep everything in front of them. Also, The safetys in cover two need help. In NCAA everyone just goes to a certain area which is not true in real life. You have responsibility of an area, but the opposing offense dictates how fast you get to that area. God, I hope the right people are reading this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #52
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
I think defense in baseball games has become the biggest joke. Go back almost 20 years to Basball Stars and you still run to a spot to catch a ball. In most football games, you have to throw the ball with the QB, switch to the receiver, complete the route and press a button to catch the ball. In baseball, you just run to the spot.

Throwing has gone through a minor change. Instead of pressing the B button on the right side of the buttons, you press the R stick to the right. This adds a little more variation to the throw, but not a whole lot of difficulty. It's just a press either way.

Catching is still the same. From the original baseball on Nintendo, to MLB 2K8 on the 360-run to the circle where the ball will land and your player will catch it regarldess of what direction he's facing or if the sun is directly in his eyes.. It's time for a catch button in baseball. Another degree of difficulty is needed in a game where it takes multiple actions to execute a pitch.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSMD410
Soccer sucks IMO.
WOW THIS GUY WHO WROTE THIS DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL IN GENERAL.I DON'T KNOW WERE EVERYONE GET'S OFF SAYING THAT NCAA IS AN OFFENSE TYPE GAME BECAUSE IT'S NOT.I WIN BY THE D EVERY TIME.THE D IS AWSOME EVERY YEAR IN THE FOOTBALL GAMES.AND IT'S JUST GOING TO GET BETTER.MOST OF YOU GUYS WHO AGREE WITH THIS CRAP THIS GUY IS WRITING JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY MADDEN OR NCAA BECAUSE MADDEN 09 AND NCAA 09 IS CLEARLY THE BEST SPORTS GAME EVER MADE PERIOD.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 1
YOU ALL DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT FOOTBALL.NCAA 09 IS THE BEST GAME OUT THE D IS AMAZING IT'S NOT AN OFFENSIVE GAME IT'S JUST ALL ROUND REALISTIC FOOTBALL I AM 31 AND 28ONLINE AND ALL YOU JACKASS CAN'T BEAT ME.BY THE WAY IF YOU CAN'T PLAY D THEN YOU SUCK I GET EVERY USE CATCH\ TACKEL EVERY TIME.MADDEN 09 IS GREAT TOO LT IS EASY TO STOP SO QUIT DOGGING ON EA AND ON NCAA AND MADDEN.BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST THEY HAVE BENN GAME OF THE YEAR AND IT'S THE BEST SPORTS GAME EVER!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Video Game Football Stinks, and No One Seems to Notice

First grade education is the key.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Video Game Football Stinks, and No One Seems to Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick buckeyes7
YOU ALL DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT FOOTBALL.NCAA 09 IS THE BEST GAME OUT THE D IS AMAZING IT'S NOT AN OFFENSIVE GAME IT'S JUST ALL ROUND REALISTIC FOOTBALL I AM 31 AND 28ONLINE AND ALL YOU JACKASS CAN'T BEAT ME.BY THE WAY IF YOU CAN'T PLAY D THEN YOU SUCK I GET EVERY USE CATCH\ TACKEL EVERY TIME.MADDEN 09 IS GREAT TOO LT IS EASY TO STOP SO QUIT DOGGING ON EA AND ON NCAA AND MADDEN.BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST THEY HAVE BENN GAME OF THE YEAR AND IT'S THE BEST SPORTS GAME EVER!

31 and 28 eh? Well, some jackass, somewhere, beat you 28 times. Hardly a record to brag about my friend.

Madden 09 is great? It's out? Game of the Year? When?

So what kind of troll are you? The furry kind? Slimy? Do you have the cool hair that you can shape however you want? Do you have a pencil stuck in your ***? Just askin'

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »