Home

Collecting Cards Without the Stale Gum Smell

This is a discussion on Collecting Cards Without the Stale Gum Smell within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: onlinemarketing

I spent a good portion of last summer going through all my baseball, football, hockey, basketball, and soccer cards. I priced them all on www.beckett.com

I was really surprised at how much the value of some of them decreased. I think my most expensive card now is some UD Ionix Insert card of Derek Jeter valued at $80.

A few years ago when I stopped I had a UD MVP Game Used Souvenir card of Ken Griffey Jr. with a piece of his bat used in a game in the card valued at $200. Also, I had a early 2000 Topps Commemorative autographed Frank Robinson card that was around $200 if not more.

Now the Griffey is like $40 and the Robinson is $50. Kinda sucks, but honestly collecting cards for me was never really about how much they were worth because I will probably never sell them unless I am seriously in financial trouble.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »