Home

Big Year for NBA Games

This is a discussion on Big Year for NBA Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Nice Try. 2K all the way. i'm not one of the converters, I've been with 2k since dreamcast
Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
I will not buy any EA sports game as long as i still live on this planet. I have already made up my mind and decided ever since 2K come into existence. Ever since I play NFL2k, EA's Madden become a thing of the past. And now comes NBA2K, Live has no chance and I am absolutely certain of that. 2K is in the league of their own when it comes to animations and creating sequences of animations that link together to create realistic sequences. You seen that first when they came out with NFL2k game and ever since then, everybody try to copy and catch up to them.

If you watch closely of NBA LIVE's players running and compare that to NBA2k's, Live's players running animations are childish as if their spines are made up of springboard because they seem to be bounce....like their bodies sort of lean or hunch over the entire time...whether they're running, standing or passing. This is very unappealing to me, nevermind about the gameplay. It's the same thing with Saint Row's main character who looks very childish judging by the way he run about. The game would not appeal to me afterward. The same go with seeing an overweight person on the street, if they ain't pretty, do you want to even want to come and talk and approach and find out about them?? No! These examples are no difference than NBA LIVE!!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
2K is king man. But after "The Show," I wanna see what Sony has. Gotta check the demo.

But 2K has my 60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #12
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
2k has my 60 also. online leagues baby online leagues
Old 09-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
2K is king man. But after "The Show," I wanna see what Sony has. Gotta check the demo.

But 2K has my 60
cosigned.
I will most likely give Sony a shot this year, but will still purchase 2k.
Sony has a lot at stake now. They can not deliver a weak product. This is all due to the Show.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 32
Great post - 2K9 will be awesome, no doubt. And I have to agree, more options mean it will keep 2K in pushing the limits and design envelope.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #15
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30
I'm sticking with 2K. I didn't care for the Live demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2
This whole article would make sense to me if i hadn't already played the live 09 demo. After playing the demo about five or six times (which felt more like ten because of the loading times) i came one conclusion. NBA live 09 does not play as well as nba 2k8. That being said, I don't see how i could possibly
buy a b-ball game that does not at least equal 2k's game from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »