Home

Big Year for NBA Games

This is a discussion on Big Year for NBA Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Big Year for NBA Games

It is a big year for NBA games, as three titles are all vying for their share of the market. Sony's NBA 09 The Inside, EA's NBA Live 09 and 2K Sports' NBA 2K9 will all be releasing soon onto store shelves and all are going to be competing for your hard earned dollar. Check out why Matthew DiStaulo believes this year, more than any year before it, is a big year for NBA games.

Quote:
"This is a big year for all NBA video games. It's a big year because I get the feeling the the market is ready to forgive and forget -- giving everyone a clean slate. Just like the Celtics quick resurgence to the top, NBA Live could do the same this year if the Live developers are able to actually make all the improvements to the game that they are boasting about."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6
couldnt agree more homeboy
Old 09-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
NBA 2K9 will be king again. The one area that 2K honestly lacked at was graphics, and based on early previews and screens 2K has already addressed this for 2K9 and improved the presentation even more. EA has just either got lazy or has the wrong vision of how a next gen basketball should look and play. NBA Live needs a complete overhaul to try to catch up to NBA 2K, NBA 2K is just more realistic and sim like, NBA Live doesn't play as realistic and is more flashy. I rather play grown man basketball on NBA 2K than kiddie like NBA Live gameplay. 2K is doing a great job with this series, I only wish that they could still create a NFL game, they were light years ahead with NFL 2K5 than any other NFL game that's been out since then. The NFL needs to allow 2K to make a NFL game also, cause they re presentation of a NBA game is fantastic.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
The biggest disappointment for me is that College Hoops is dead. I think that will ultimately hurt NBA 2K sales because EA is closing the gap and will have the college title to boot. I'd love to see an Owner Mode like MLB: The Show has appear in either title.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Big Year for NBA Games

I hadn't even thought of the positive implications for NBA 2k created by the demise of CH 2k8 (which is a great game). I love the NBA 2k games, but hopefully some of the things that made CH great will end up in NBA 2k9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

SpartanBaller's Arena

OVR: 6
CH 2k8 sucked compared to NBA 2k8, NBA live is much improved this year but NBA 2k9 will still be the best b-ball game out.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
i am glad they decided not to do a college game..because they now put all their efforts in 2k9.wow this game gonna blow your mind..i know wat am gonna be doing for the winter.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Big Year for NBA Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
The biggest disappointment for me is that College Hoops is dead. I think that will ultimately hurt NBA 2K sales because EA is closing the gap and will have the college title to boot. I'd love to see an Owner Mode like MLB: The Show has appear in either title.
Well EA's college game shouldn't really impact Live sales since they do not allow draft classes to be imported from the college game to the pro game.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »