Operation Sports Seeking New Writers - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Operation Sports Seeking New Writers

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Seeking New Writers within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 09-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #25
Executive Editor

MMChrisS's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesFan9
Will applicants who don't post often, but are long-time lurkers, be considered?
Very, very much so. I have never considered post counts when looking at writers...the two do not go hand in hand
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10
What do you mean by sample Ideas.... articles that we would want to write, or new ideas for maybe a 1st article???
Old 09-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #27
Executive Editor

MMChrisS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
What do you mean by sample Ideas.... articles that we would want to write, or new ideas for maybe a 1st article???
Articles which you would like to write if you were brought on as a writer. Very important for us to know if you can brainstorm and come up with good ideas or not
Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #28
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Operation Sports Seeking New Writers

I really wish I could guys... I might see if I can free up sometime. Currently, I'm freelancing for a Chicago paper doing high school sports, plus school has me real busy. What type of committment per week are you guys looking for?
Old 09-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #29
Executive Editor

MMChrisS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
I really wish I could guys... I might see if I can free up sometime. Currently, I'm freelancing for a Chicago paper doing high school sports, plus school has me real busy. What type of committment per week are you guys looking for?
Generally, we are looking for one article per week (articles are generally 600+ words).
Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarney
Can we apply if we only have PS2???
lol. You're poor and you're applying for a job that pays nothing : ) sorry, couldn't resist! BTW, I'm just kidding! You're probably a PC gamer or, just dont care for the next gen. I just thought it was kind of funny and the first thing I thought of was "Is that you Kenny?"
Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
lol. You're poor and you're applying for a job that pays nothing : ) sorry, couldn't resist! BTW, I'm just kidding! You're probably a PC gamer or, just dont care for the next gen. I just thought it was kind of funny and the first thing I thought of was "Is that you Kenny?"
i know, it is pretty sad isn't it...but, i am a poor college student who really enjoys writing and sports video games, so i thought that i would at least submit my info. in case anyone needs a current gen. perspective on their sports games...also, graphical realism is just a small portion of a good sports game to me - I am really picky about the game experience mirroring its real-life counterpart, which a select few of PS2 titles have been able to do.

Chris, I will be sending my email to you guys tomorrow...I just got thinking - I also have a NES, Sega, and PS One if there are any new games for those consoles that you need someone to write articles on...I heard that Tiger Woods on Sega is unmatched in terms of its graphical realism...again, I prefer the PS2 version of Tiger, but I would be more than willing to play the 16-bit version and make the sacrifice for the good of OS!!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #32
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Psssst, plus if anyone likes to edit audio files, that is also a plus.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »