Home

Could a Great Game Elevate a Sport's Status?

This is a discussion on Could a Great Game Elevate a Sport's Status? within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content
Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features
NBA 2K League Player Power Rankings (Pre-Playoffs)
NBA Live 19 Introduces The One Court - Allowing Fans to Create and Customize Their Own Courts

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
its kinda funny that u didnt mention the Tony Hawk franchise in this article.... i remember when it released, everyone became aware of all these pro skaters practically overnight..... i haven't played a tony hawk game in years but i believe the original titles had a huge impact on the sport..... its too bad no surfing franchise ever took off....
Old 09-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #10
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Great article and comments, especially those that took to hockey from videogame hockey. That's a great example.

What I would dearly love to see is a hydroplane racing game (unlimiteds, limiteds and classic unlimiteds from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's). A really exciting sport with boats skimming the water at over 140 mph on lakes and rivers. If I had won millions in a lottery, I'd finance the thing myself, no doubt about it. But could I get it PUBLISHED? LOL It'd be a niche title, but I'd make it absolutely top-drawer.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9
I remember playing EA's rugby game against friends for a good time. We never had watched Rugby before but decided to give the game a shot and we had a blast playing tho we didn't know many rules....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #12
Rookie

BobbyZ23's Arena

OVR: 4
Someone mentioned Kings of the Beach, it definitely brings back great memories. Randy Stoklos and Sinjin Smith battling the Samoans. I may have played it as much as Tecmo Bowl. Good times.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 23
I definitely feel that a great game can elevate a sports' status and this is especially the case if the game is done right.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »