Home

Artificial Intelligence is Dead... And We Have Killed Him

This is a discussion on Artificial Intelligence is Dead... And We Have Killed Him within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Artificial Intelligence is Dead... And We Have Killed Him

Our own Jayson Young has written a new article entitled Artificial Intelligence is Dead...And we Have Killed Him. Be sure to give the article a read and give him some feedback!

Quote:
"A red lens shades the ice as the horn interrupts play, signaling to all in attendance: We’re going to a shootout. “We definitely don’t deserve it,” I tell my teammates. “At least, I sure as hell don’t.” You see, back in the second period, I gave up two egregious goals –- the kind of shots that even a Pee Wee goalie should have saved -– but at this point in my EASHL career, that’s pretty much what I am. So, my Pee Wee level of play left my team down 3-1, just 20 minutes away from a certified burial."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
Rookie

MrSimCity's Arena

OVR: 15
Very creative AND true piece
Old 09-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 23
Great article and entertaing read.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9
2k's VIP A.I. is as good as playing a human...Almost.NBA2k8 achieved the most so far here.Let us see if 2k9 can go from 95% humanlike to 99%...........This Hockey game sounds fun, and NBA2k9 will be a blast with 5 on 5
Old 09-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Artificial Intelligence is Dead... And We Have Killed Him

2K's V.I.P. is definitely a great feature, but like you said, it's not quite the same as playing the guy in person because all you are playing is his tendencies, and most people's playing tendencies will change from game to game based on the type of opponent they are facing.

That said, NHL '09's 6 vs. 6 mode is hands-down the most fun and exciting experience I've ever had with a sports game...when the servers and bugs/glitches aren't showing their ugly side.

I look for NBA 2K9 to capitalize on NHL '09's momentum and keep the "MMO lite" sports games rolling along full-steam.

The exciting thing is that the NBA games will be reaching an even larger crowd, since basketball has a lot more mass appeal than hockey.

Here's to hoping these games are only the beginning of the innovation.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »