Home

Goodbye History, Hello Conformity: Why I Love Unique Sports Game Venues

This is a discussion on Goodbye History, Hello Conformity: Why I Love Unique Sports Game Venues within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Goodbye History, Hello Conformity: Why I Love Unique Sports Game Venues

Stadiums are a huge part of sports in the real and virtual world. Operation Sports contributor Bryan Estrella takes a look at venues in sports video games in his article, Goodbye History, Hello Conformity: Why I Love Unique Sports Game Venues.

Quote:
"It may feel like months ago, what with the economy going down the tubes, but it has only been a few weeks since Ryan Church flied out at the hands of Matt Lindstrom to slam the door on an era of New York City baseball. With 45 years at Shea and 85 years at Yankee Stadium, the two combined for 130 years of history. Both stadiums were home to some of baseball’s brightest stars like Ruth, DiMaggio, Hernandez, and a coked-out Doc Gooden; and seminal moments like Buckner’s epic blunder, Mr. October’s three home runs in one game, and Mantle’s (alleged) dalliances under the bleachers. Now, all that history has suddenly become ancient history. Furthermore, with Yankee Stadium now gone, the only classic fields we have left are Wrigley Field and Fenway Park. (No, the Rogers Centre doesn’t count.) And let’s face it, Fenway and Wrigley will eventually be gone."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 17
Have you ever been to Yankee Stadium? That place had as much charm as a WalMart. Other than simply knowing the history that had gone on there, it was plastered with as many ads and billboards to help bleed out every last cent from any channel possible.

Don't forget that all of these "neo-classical" HOK ballparks are replacing multi-purpose stadiums that were amongst the worst sports architecture ever seen. I think MLB has more unique parks now then at any time in its history

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »