Home

Online Roster Updates: Who Needs Them?

This is a discussion on Online Roster Updates: Who Needs Them? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Online Roster Updates: Who Needs Them?

Most gamers use online roster updates these days to keep their rosters up to date. Anyone who is playing Madden with Brett Favre as a Jet is a user of the feature in Madden NFL 09. But are online roster updates really all they are cracked up to be? Mike Jones takes a look at that question in his article, Online Roster Updates: Who Needs Them?

Quote:
"Remember the days when there was no such thing as an online roster update for sports games? Just a few years ago, many of us kept up with trades by watching ESPN or finding them on league websites. From there, we would manually do them in the game, create the players that were missing, and then start our franchises/seasons when we were done. Like many others, I was among those people. We took pride in the rosters that we created, and we didn’t feel slighted, because we made all the players and the transactions we wanted in the game."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
So that means pick up NBA 2K9 and you'll have best of both worlds!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
I'm always in favor of offine/OS roster updates. The attention to detail is usually much greater and the ratings are usually more accurate.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
I like the convenience of in-game roster updates, but the quality could certainly be better.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jamario Moon was in Live? I thought the reason he wasen't included was because he wasen't part of the players union, but I guess not if he was in Live.

As far as the article goes, there a no cons to having roster updates compared to not having them at all. One thing I've always wanted to see was real life updates that coincide with your franchise and it looks like Live and 2K9 are heading in that direction. Plus 2K9 is supposed to include new motion captures in their updates wich seems really interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
We're just spoiled these days and we want the most accurate rosters ASAP, it just how things go, once we get a little bit, we want even more!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Online Roster Updates: Who Needs Them?

I'm mixed about roster updates throughout an active franchise. I like firing up Madden with the latest rosters but once I start my franchise, I'd like for the progression in my own franchise to kick in versus having real rosters from real life play.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »