Home

Top Five Money Plays in Video Game History

This is a discussion on Top Five Money Plays in Video Game History within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Money Plays in Video Game History

Most people here probably remember the nano-blitzes and out routes which made money plays very relevant in recent editions of Madden and NCAA. However, when it comes to the most effective money plays of all time, those plays don't even sniff the Top 5. Check out what writer J. Patrick Williams believes are the Top Five Money Plays in Video Game History.

Quote:
"With all of the complaints current-generation sports video gamers have about annoying glitches, unrealistic player performance, and other “cheese” sometimes it is important to remember how far we've come. Even Kraft wishes they could make “cheese” like this."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
I have gotta go with the Fadeaway 3 from the corner in Double Dribble. That was just unstoppable!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomymac23
I have gotta go with the Fadeaway 3 from the corner in Double Dribble. That was just unstoppable!
Co-sign.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11
What about LT and his kick blocking on Tecmo Bowl? I was sure that would have been there.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13
Left wing three-pointer with Indiana's Brian Evans in Coach K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 22
NHL 08s L-move from the boards with toe drag should be up there. F-ing lame move online.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 62
In Tecmo Bowl the Giants had the same route Craig ran with Mark Bavarro, who was Bo Jackson-esque and was hard to take down.

In the future, could the Youtube videos be embedded into the article?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
I remember that Bavarro route. Cap Boso from the Bears ran the same route also. The reason I chose the Craig route over those two is because the Bavarro and Craig route were highly dependent on timing and accuracy. I have thrown picks with both of those routes before because I threw it too late or my QB threw a bad pass. However, I have never thrown a pick with that Craig route as the timing window was alot longer and you had Montana throwing the pass, who was the best QB on the game.

Only reason I've got the fadeaway 3 on Double Dribble as second is that you could at least position yourself to steal the ball at times before the player got to a spot he could jump from.

There was absolutely nothing you could do about the Craig route. We had a rule that you could only run it on 3rd and 4th downs, so basically to get a stop, you had to make sure your opponent had more than 3rd and 20.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »