Home

I Am Nick Saban

This is a discussion on I Am Nick Saban within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: I Am Nick Saban

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
Ok... gotta come to Saban's defense here. Saban started at Toledo and did ok... got a chance to coach ata bigger school with MSU... did pretty good there, and then got an offer to play at a national powerhouse in LSU and took that opportunity and did outstanding... and THEN he got offered his dream and that is to coach football in the NFL. He did that and soon realized that he did not have the influence over his players (because they're paid and not influencial students) and decided he wanted to go back to where he can be most effective. The Alabama job was open.. not Toledo, MSU or LSU... so he took it. the guy traveled a path to his dream... and once he got there, he realized it is not what he expected. So now he is back where he belongs in college football... with a powerhouse school. Saban will be there for a long, long time my friends and you can bet on that. You're not going to find a school out there that has as much potential as a team in the sEC. The SEC is where it is at and every coach in the country knows that. No disrespect to the Big 10 or PAC-10 or ACC, but on average, the SEC represents the highest rated teams in the country more often than any other conference... sometimes combined.

Anyway, Nick is back in college football not because he was bored of previous teams, but because he has realized where is the most effective and is at the controls (complete control, actually) of one of the highest prestige schools in the land. He will make "The Bear" proud one day...

RTR!
PLEASE explain to me when he said that he was staying with the Phins when Alabama offered him a Head coaching job, then the next day Bama upped their offer and then he took the job after saying for weeks that he was staying in Miami?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #26
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I Am Nick Saban

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-train
PLEASE explain to me when he said that he was staying with the Phins when Alabama offered him a Head coaching job, then the next day Bama upped their offer and then he took the job after saying for weeks that he was staying in Miami?
I am pretty sure that was to stop the 500 million questions he was getting per day. That; however, didn't work. He had told the Dolphins owner on the ride from Baton Rouge to Miami that it was a strong possibility.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »