Home

I Am Nick Saban

This is a discussion on I Am Nick Saban within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
I Am Nick Saban

Are you one of the gamers who can't seem to keep yourself tied down to just one dynasty job for a prolonged period of time? Our own Christian McLeod is and he checks in today with an article taking a look at the phenomenon in his article, I Am Nick Saban.

Quote:
"I despise Nick Saban. Ever since the Alabama head coach led my Michigan State Spartans to a 9-2 record in 1999, then left the Spartans abruptly for LSU the week before the Citrus Bowl against Florida, I haven’t been able to tolerate the guy. Saban was extremely successful in Baton Rouge (which infuriated me as a Spartan fan), but I couldn’t help but smile when Saban again showed his true nature in 2004, leaving LSU abruptly to coach the Miami Dolphins."
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Osaban Bin Lying is a criminal
Old 10-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Saddam Hussaban should face the gallows
Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 16
I have played at least the first 8 years of my dysnasties every year with the Washington Huskies, my hometown team. I like playing with the current players, recruiting, playing with new classes, and recruiting/playing with only guys I have brought in. That along with starting with a bad team hold my interest until I feel like taking over a top notch program.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7
i always play 2 teams, my cal bears and the sjsu spartans i enjoy doing it at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
Ok... gotta come to Saban's defense here. Saban started at Toledo and did ok... got a chance to coach ata bigger school with MSU... did pretty good there, and then got an offer to play at a national powerhouse in LSU and took that opportunity and did outstanding... and THEN he got offered his dream and that is to coach football in the NFL. He did that and soon realized that he did not have the influence over his players (because they're paid and not influencial students) and decided he wanted to go back to where he can be most effective. The Alabama job was open.. not Toledo, MSU or LSU... so he took it. the guy traveled a path to his dream... and once he got there, he realized it is not what he expected. So now he is back where he belongs in college football... with a powerhouse school. Saban will be there for a long, long time my friends and you can bet on that. You're not going to find a school out there that has as much potential as a team in the sEC. The SEC is where it is at and every coach in the country knows that. No disrespect to the Big 10 or PAC-10 or ACC, but on average, the SEC represents the highest rated teams in the country more often than any other conference... sometimes combined.

Anyway, Nick is back in college football not because he was bored of previous teams, but because he has realized where is the most effective and is at the controls (complete control, actually) of one of the highest prestige schools in the land. He will make "The Bear" proud one day...

RTR!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Roll Tide
Old 10-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5
Get over it.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »