Home

Professional Bull Riders Outside the Chute Review

This is a discussion on Professional Bull Riders Outside the Chute Review within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Professional Bull Riders Outside the Chute Review

As long as I have been on this earth, I have been able to use video games as an escape from life and all of its challenges. Whenever I have been in need of a distraction or some catharsis, video games have always been there for me. But after playing Professional Bull Riding: Out Of The Chute, for the first time in my existence, I used life as a way to distract me from having to play video games.

Read More: Professional Bull Riders Outside the Chute Review

Platform: PS2 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Just one glance at the screenshots tells you this game is laughably bad.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
"But after playing Professional Bull Riding: Out Of The Chute, for the first time in my existence, I used life as a way to distract me from having to play video games."

Classic
Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 16
Thank god I don't have a Wii...I would not appreciate recieving this game as a gift.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:30 AM   #5
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Professional Bull Riders Outside the Chute Review

About what I thought this game would be. I kind of like bull riding, I've seen it in person and on TV and I could not figure out how it could ever translate to a game with any success.

Good review, I have no interest in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
Very good review. I was in tears when I was reading your opening statements.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Ha! This game was an epic failure the very second it became a thought. Why something this bad ever made it into production is just baffling to me.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #8
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Professional Bull Riders Outside the Chute Review

First off, you clearly don't know anything about the PBR, and that shows in the review. Second, I'm one of those "negligent" parents who bought the game, and it just so happens my kid loves it. In fact, if you stroll around and check out some bull riding forums (which I know you won't if you are constantly taking out the trash), you will find out a lot of people are enjoying the game.

Now that my rant towards you is over, I'll throw in a thought or two on the game. As a huge PBR fan, the game was a letdown to me. I've been waiting for a PBR game for years now, and my hopes were way too high going into this thing. There aren't enough bull riders, and there aren't enough bulls. I know it couldn't have taken that long to put several more into the game. The gameplay has its flaws, but it's far from broken and boring.

If I had to put a score on it, I'd give it a 6. It isn't even close to perfect, but it isn't even close to as bad as your review indicates either. It's a lot of fun to play multiplayer, and it's fun to go through the season a time or two. The PS2 version cost about $20, and that's about right. $30 is too much for the Wii version, but as I said, kids are going to enjoy the game. My kid will be playing it on and off until the next one is released.

So in closing, learn a little about the sport before completely being a smartass in the review process. You make it seem like the PBR and bull riding in general is a complete joke, and that couldn't be farther from the truth. There are a lot of great things about Operation Sports, but you just clearly proved you aren't one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »