Home

How 2K Can Expand Its Lineup of Games

This is a discussion on How 2K Can Expand Its Lineup of Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: How 2K Can Expand Its Lineup of Games

It is a crime that 2K has created probably the greatest football engine of all time and it is just sitting on a shelf. I understand that they are afraid of EA and it's herd of lawyers (not to mention the NFL) jumping down their throat if they release a football game that in ANY way could be viewed as a thinly veiled imitation of the NFL, BUT I don't see how a football game that features full customization of rules as well as teams and logos would fit that description.
I remember a PC football game from way back in the early 90's that let your play football in different time periods of the NFL's history. There were games where the foward pass was not legal and the player's wore leather helmets, in the 60's the DBs could rough up the WRs to their hearts content, etc. In other words the rules of the game changed to reflect the time period you were playing in.
If you can change the position of the goal posts (they used to be at the front of the end zone), the spot of the kick off, how many downs to get a first (you could make it three, like in Canada), even the point value for touchdowns and fiield goals-I don't see how the NFL would have a case at all. This would allow everbody to have the football game they want.

Last edited by aggro77; 12-13-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: mis-spelled word
Old 12-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #34
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

I wish they would put some effort into making a quality baseball game. Baseball options for 360 stink and I am longing for a quality baseball game.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #35
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Links - still one of the best playing console golf games out there. Stop letting Tiger catch up.

Links "The Biggs" - for those looking for a more casual party game and to put a little heat on Hot Shots.

Indy Car Racing - a good mix of oval and road courses and a license that can't be too expensive. Codies have F1 and EA has NASCAR so the IRL mix can pick a little from both of those fanbases who might not be overjoyed with the casual direction of those series.

Boat Racing - boats, wave runners and all sorts of crazy fun on the water to be had - nobody has really tapped since Wave Race and Hydro Thunder

Beach Volleyball - next gen Vball Super Spike style and online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #36
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
That article totally brought me back to college and playing NFL 2K with friends, too. Those were good time, my friends.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg
LAX is wack dude nobody will ever play that game with you man you will be the only person online even the CPU won't wanna play with you dude.
That is one lame first post, man. Try again and next time ditch the attitude, dude.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #38
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpmx
What about a soccer game?
I second this ...there needs to be a new competitor in this market
Old 12-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
How about a sports game not tied to a pro license? Focus on the game play, the AI, the experience rather than on headbands, player faces and trying to make things like in real life?

I don't mind playing with Michael Jordache if the game play is nice...if the superstar guard can drive and dunk, but can be stopped if triple teamed and knocked to the ground every drive.
I agree. More people should make unlicensed games.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

boxing (simulation)!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »