Home

Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part III)

This is a discussion on Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part III) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Guys, I am LOVING your suggestions. Keep up the good work- this is why I wrote this article-to inspire some shout outs to teams you support.

The reason I didn't take the Niners in Super Tecmo Bowl was because I never found them too tough to beat. Whenever we'd play the guy who took the Niners always played someone who took the Raiders, so the Raiders always won.

That American Dreams team was a problem.

Also- the reason I left the NHLPA Blackhawks off the list was because they were pretty over rated. Roenick, Chelios, and Eddy the Eagle were tough, but I don't think they were even a top 5 team in that game. The Pens, Wings, Rangers, Bruins, and Canadians were all better than the Hawks imo.
I thoroughly enjoyed the article and understand that it is an opinion designed to provoke thoughts...Any article that includes old school games always draws interest.

On that note, how did the 85 Bears not make it? Just curious on your thoughts....

Oh, and I am for another article for possibly the worst 25 teams...Or something....Keep the old school gaming thoughts alive....
Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 18
Wait, the Tecmo 49ers didn't MAKE THE TOP 25????

What??? And the Tecmo LIONS did?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #19
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I thoroughly enjoyed the article and understand that it is an opinion designed to provoke thoughts...Any article that includes old school games always draws interest.

On that note, how did the 85 Bears not make it? Just curious on your thoughts....

Oh, and I am for another article for possibly the worst 25 teams...Or something....Keep the old school gaming thoughts alive....
haha, maybe I'll put together a "worst" list sometime in the near future

I LOVED the 85 Bears, but I felt they were unfair to include into the list because they were technically an "All Time Team" in Madden. All time teams are naturally going to dominate, so it wasn't a level playing field.

The Lions were better in Tecmo Super Bowl than the Niners in my honest opinion. Mel Gray was the X factor and basically would take any kickoff/punt back for a touchdown. Add this to Barry and the Lions dominated on the ground.

The Niners were no slouch, I just don't think they were that good considering some of the other teams in the Tecmo series. The Oilers, Chiefs, Redskins, and Bills were all just as good as the Niners. The Raiders and Lions were the two teams that stood out most to me.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6
You played Tecmo Bowl during your bachelor party?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #21
Pro

skeenz's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm with techhokies on this one, in the cheese department, Vick users in Madden '04 were just unbearable, Michael Vick was superman and Warrick Dunn was just unstoppable as well, a lethal combo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #22
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Top 25 Most Dominant Teams in Sports Gaming History (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDT
You played Tecmo Bowl during your bachelor party?
Sure did.

I'll admit it- I'm a huge sports gaming geek.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #23
Rookie

ajwines64's Arena

OVR: 7
Yea definitely figured 04 Falcons would be there.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #24
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10
It was fun too, because I WAS a Sonics fan, so I used them all the time in NBA Jam.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »