Home

Music and Madden: A Decade of Tunes

This is a discussion on Music and Madden: A Decade of Tunes within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Music and Madden: A Decade of Tunes

Most people remember Ludacris' Madden 2000 theme which still stands as one of the most memorable intros to a sports video game ever. What people may not realize is that the 2000 theme helped usher in a new era of music in sports gaming. Michael Finch takes a look at Madden's role in presenting music and also asks for your feedback as well!

Quote:
"Music and sports games have developed a very unique relationship over the years, and no other sports franchise is more synonymous with music than the Madden NFL series. Ever since the start of this decade I can’t seem to get over the fact that as Madden grows, the soundtrack of the game blooms with it. Over the past years, Madden has jump started the careers of many artists that you hear on the radio today -- which makes sense because when Madden releases, you have millions of people listening to songs that usually aren't even surfing the airwaves yet."
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Music and Madden: A Decade of Tunes

Is there a link to the story here I'm just missing?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
There is a link showing up on the frontpage, I did a quick ghost edit to add in a link, you had to be pretty fast to see it without one
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 32
I am sort of parial to the first year of Madden on PS2. Those were basically beats with no words and I loved em.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I found out about some good bands and also got back into music thanks to Madden 2004 and 2005. Midtown, Thrice, Gob, Yellowcard, Hoobastank, New Found Glory. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Perhaps my memory is not as good as it once was, but I thought Xzibit did the opening song to Madden 2000, not Ludacris. Either way, that song kicked a**. I never skipped the intro when playing the game.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
This is actually a pet peeve of mine. I wish the developers would stick to developing sports games, and let me manage my musical preferences. Now I do like with they license the tunes that are common in sports stadiums and arenas.....that adds to the immersion factor. And I definately enjoy the fight songs in college games. But I wish they would leave the "up and coming" bands to VH1 and YouTube, and just allow custom tracks in the sports games.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

I wish they would just stick to sports themed songs. I get sick of hearing songs with lyrics that make you want to go cut your freaking wrist. Thats why I usually end up turning all the songs off. When I play games I like to relax, thats why I end up turning off all the music anyway because it starts getting on my nerves after a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »