Home

Web 2.0 is Invading Your Games

This is a discussion on Web 2.0 is Invading Your Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Web 2.0 is Invading Your Games

Technology is a different kind of beast. It's an animal that we attempt to tame, but it’s a phenomenon whose evolution is hardly predictable. I say that because we are now living in the Web 2.0 era, which is kind of crazy because we are less than 10 years removed from the first Internet boom in the late 1990s.

(For the uninitiated, think of Web 2.0 as a way to interact with and change things online -- social-networking sites and Wikipedia are examples.)

Web 2.0 is also playing a role in the videogame world. Online gaming is constantly becoming more social and more technologically advanced. In fact, the power behind some of the videogames being pushed out by various companies is challenging applications and web services that you can find on your own personal computers.

Read More - Web 2.0 is Invading Your Games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Yup and because of all this technology.....I hardly have to leave the house

Now, If we could ever get to lag free gaming....I'd never leave the house : )
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Excellent points! I do enjoy the EA sports site. Now if I ever get good enough at their games to make some good highlights!
My only nit is that as a female I wish they had female avatars..after all sports games aren't solely a male activity. After a year using the site I finally gave up and made a male avatar...just to have something to use all my EA points on. :-)
Old 10-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Web 2.0 is Invading Your Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepwin
Excellent points! I do enjoy the EA sports site. Now if I ever get good enough at their games to make some good highlights!
My only nit is that as a female I wish they had female avatars..after all sports games aren't solely a male activity. After a year using the site I finally gave up and made a male avatar...just to have something to use all my EA points on. :-)
I've never even heard of a a female sports gamer - never seen it ever. I knew a few must have existed, but stats wise you're non-existent I'm willing to bet. I bet you're also the only (real) female on this site or like one of 3 lol.

But still, they should have female avitars since xbox, wii, and ps3(?) have them, it only makes sense.

I'm curious to know what sports games you like to play though...If I had to guess I'd say hockey.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I've never even heard of a a female sports gamer - never seen it ever. I knew a few must have existed, but stats wise you're non-existent I'm willing to bet. I bet you're also the only (real) female on this site or like one of 3 lol.

But still, they should have female avitars since xbox, wii, and ps3(?) have them, it only makes sense.

I'm curious to know what sports games you like to play though...If I had to guess I'd say hockey.
Seeing how she has a DC United avatar I will say soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #6

OVR: 34

I am very excited about the future of sports gaming and its blending in web features. It's where I spend most of my time in gaming. What it does is allows user to create. That's what makes it so exciting for me. I'm 37 years old, I have enjoyed sports gaming and gaming in general for some time, but the incorporation of these recent periperals have taken the experience to another level.

Like MessenjahMatt, you can go as far as recreating special moments, or you can create your own set of circumstances with created players etc. The ability now to put that in image or video adds a layer that makes your story more dynamic. It's essential to the person wanting to develop and add creativity to their gaming experience.

In the future, I would like to see better quality in video uploads, the ability to use your own voice for commentary in a game (I know, that's a big request) and more freedom to adjust games so they best support what you want to do.

Thanks for the write up. And thanks for linking MessanjahMatt. I have never seen his work before. Very impressive.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Seeing how she has a DC United avatar I will say soccer
....being a spectator fan and being a fan of the videogame can be 2 drastically different things. can be the same, but not always. I'm a huge NFL fan, but you won't catch me playing madden.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
....being a spectator fan and being a fan of the videogame can be 2 drastically different things. can be the same, but not always. I'm a huge NFL fan, but you won't catch me playing madden.

Very good point

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »