Fact or Fiction: Mixed Bag Edition - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Fact or Fiction: Mixed Bag Edition

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: Mixed Bag Edition within the Operation Sports Content forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content

Old 07-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Sports game of the year should be MLB.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 23
Savoie,

I think the Live series has taken tremendous strides this year but ultimately they would be up against MADDEN 10, FIFA 10, NHL 10 and NBA 2k10.

That doesnít mean LIVE 10 wont be a good game, it just means that they have a lot of seasoned award winning competition to worry about if they end up being a part of that conversation.

Personally, I think itís a bit of a stretch to think that a game that has consistently proven itself to be second class in its own sports genre for the last 5 years can magically go from zero to hero in less then a year. Regardless of the new development team and focus on gameplay, less then a year is simply not enough time.

Maybe 2011 but no way NBA Live 10 is bringing home the "Sports Game of the Year." There's a good chance they wonít even be the highest rated basketball game in 2010.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 41
People are mentioning NBA Live in Sports Game of the Year conversations?! It hasn't even been playable the last two years. What about MLB 09: The Show? Skate 2? Fight Night and UFC? A lot of games not even mentioned in this article... NHL 10 and Madden NFL 10 are future games that have a shot, but I think it's MLB's year, and neither of these guys mentions it?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Fact or Fiction: Mixed Bag Edition

No, no, I don't think NBA Live or NBA 2K can win Sports Game Of The Year. I just wouldn't be suprised if it garnered some awards. The NHL series went from NHL 07 to NHL 08 and won what, 9 awards with 08. I think it's entirely possible for Live to do the same.

As for who actually wins Game Of The Year, It will be between Madden, MLB The Show, and NHL, with FIFA being a darkhorse.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 41
What other awards are in this mix? Like best franchise, best online modes, etc.? In that case, it may be kind of hard to compare across sports, but you're right, improving games often get the limelight.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10
I think Madden will take it this year. I have heard a lot of 2K fans that have been getting into how the new Madden looks so it could boost the game this year. I pop in APF2K8 just last night and it was fun but Madden has just amazed me. Especially seeing where it has come from since Madden 08.

That does not mean I will stay away from NHL 10 though. I think both games have hit their stride on next gen. Its hard to take me away from the stong powerful Ducks haha espcially since im a Niners fan in football.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 15
Yes more and more I play it I agree It's MLB The Show '09 I got a PS3 just for it and don't have ANY REGRETS. Best baseball game I've played in years(was being stubborn supporting 2K baseball) I Got Fight Night Round 4 and thats great but the Legacy having to Auto-Train Kills that fun for me. The RTTS and the Batter Pitcher Duels are fun as well as tense GAME OF THE YEAR MLB THE SHOW'09
Old 08-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5
Madden looks like it will win most the awards this year. However, NHL10 will take home a couple as well. Also even though I hate soccer and can't stand to watch it. Except for that indore soccer where hitting is allowed and there is a ton of scoring. Whatever happened to that? But anyways in saying that I still play FIFA even though I hate soccer. That has to say something for the overall product.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content »