Home

Twelve Questions for the Minds Behind EA Sports

This is a discussion on Twelve Questions for the Minds Behind EA Sports within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Twelve Questions for the Minds Behind EA Sports

GameInformer recently sat down with Cam Weber and Matt Bilbey to talk about the overall direction and future of EA Sports. Check out the full interview here, or read some select excerpts below.

On whether Ultimate Team will ever be its own game: "...taking our most engaged audience in the most competitive place to play Madden – which is really what it's become – segmenting those groups and pulling them out doesn't make sense."

On if we are going to see more sports titles on the PC: "PC is literally based on demand. There's still the high demand for FIFA on the PC globally because of the global appetite for the game. I think that's less so with Madden, but I think if that changes and an opportunity presents itself, I think we would definitely leverage the opportunity."

On will we see sports spin-off titles like NFL Head Coach again: "...a lot of those ideas we're looking at prototyping for the mobile business at the moment."

On the yearly release cycle being the best model for sports games: "I think that the strategy we have right now for our games, in the sports context, is the right one. Will that evolve and change in the future? I bet you anything that will, and we're trying to build our games in a way that at that point in time, that appetite's there, we can actually change our entire build to a 100% service if we need to."

On a return of NCAA Football: "We're very fortunate in that I have no idea what's going on with that. I can say, because I've spoken to Cam about it, it's a similar answer – the opportunity on mobile to test something and do something there is perhaps the one that's in nearer sight. But I don't keep up to speed with the legal wranglings of the NCAA conversations."

There are plenty of other tidbits from the two EA Sports guys on GameInformer, read everything they had to say and comment on what you think!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5
Weber: "Yeah, I think with Madden in particular, it used to be a good business, and then it declined and the economics just didn't make sense anymore."
This kills me, of course Maddens popularity declined on the PC because it was ports of the PS2/XBOX not the 360/PS3 games. The same thing happened with NBA live.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA Football on mobile? Na ill stick with 14 thanks...
Old 07-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah the Madden on PC is the main question I looked at.
Even if they threw a game at us every 3-5 years I would be happy, the PC community still makes rosters for Madden 08.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
madden on PC... really? get with the times man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #6
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
madden on PC... really? get with the times man
why is that so bad? There is still a large group of players that want it. They like playing games on PC. To each their own
Old 07-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
Banned

Re: Twelve Questions for the Minds Behind EA Sports

I'd be happy with head coach on mobile. If it was made right.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Good questions, so to summarize the answers are No-No-No- yes, because we make a crap load of cash and-No.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »